Disciplinary

I have just seen the recent disciplinary report and I am a bit shocked that from the Egremont v Rochdale game the Rochdale players seem to have gotten off lightly. One player who done a crusher tackle on the Egremont player but states on the report "Grapple Tackle-Lift & Drop" has not been given a ban as the sending off was deemed sufficient.

I was at this game and am sure other people who attend will be shocked that the player who done the tackle clearly put pressure on the back of the Egremont player's neck which could of resulted in a nasty or season ending injury.

Another player was sent off for "Punching in reaction to opponent" has not been given a ban as the sending off was deemed sufficient. I attended a Wath Brow v Kells game where two players got sent off for punching and from what I recall the Kells lad got a 3 game ban.

We are at the business end of the season and with Rochdale fighting to stay up seem to have been given a boost that two of there players, one being one of there main player's will not be banned for a tackle that in Super League would carry a ban.

As a result of the scuffle in the Kells/Wath Brow game 3 players were banned for a total of 6 matches,I'm amazed no Mayfield player got a ban from the Egremont game,they lost the plot,but then again it's never their fault.

From what I seen he got 4 games for that Flatfell, Last week Egremont had a player who's standing leg was attacked at the knee. The player was on the ground in pain and the assistant coach attended then player.

The St Pats player then went to pick the Egremont player up while injured and from what I seen the assistant Egremont coach pushed the player and then was sent from the field.

And from that Rochdale game Egremont also had a player banned for running in a punching as well. All am saying is Rochdale seemed to have gotten off lightly and if you where there at the game who would wonder how the grapple tackle which was a crusher tackle clearly hasn't got a ban with it.

According to the Discipline Sheet, Egremont didn't attend for a personal hearing.  Why didn't they offer the video of the game to the discipline group so that the Mayfield players' alleged misconduct could be looked at?  That surely would have helped them?

1 hour ago, BARRETT said:

According to the Discipline Sheet, Egremont didn't attend for a personal hearing.  Why didn't they offer the video of the game to the discipline group so that the Mayfield players' alleged misconduct could be looked at?  That surely would have helped them?

It might have shown their coach up in a bad way which is probably why the video 'went missing' 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17 August 2018 at 10:12 PM, white rose ranger said:

Good point. 

I'm no fan of Mayfield but find it amusing to see a Wath Brow person lecture on honesty. Rooney / Davo5 is as big a cheat as there is.

Brocklebanks are no better.

Kells are about the only 'sporting' club around there.

So how does Rooney cheat? Specific examples required

I'm really "gobsmacked" at what I'm reading on this thread. I watch amateur RL all over the place and have always found all the Cumbrian clubs to be friendly, decent and honest. I don't remember ever seeing a player from a Cumbrian team get sent off! I remember John Brocklebank standing up after his team had beaten their opponents in the last seconds and saying the away team, who lost, had been the better side. Don't know Rooney personally but always liked watching Wath Brow. Always have a good chat with their supporters and committee. I'm not taking sides here or saying that the things being quoted did not happen, and I certainly know plenty of good people at Mayfield too but, from my own experiences I'm shocked at the content of this thread. I don't like the way the game I love is going and this is a further disappointment. If I'm up in time after nightshift I will drive over to watch Mayfield this week at Normanton. Good luck to all teams playing this weekend. Amateur RL is struggling enough without the clubs falling out. Hope all these issues get resolved soon and we can move on.

Think this white rose ranger is a bit of a wind up merchant, just trying to stir things between clubs, probably a player/coach that has never amounted to anything whilst playing or coaching, a bit sad.

Regardless of who has done this that and the other, on another indirect note does anyone else find the fines and bans more excessive than the pro game in a lot of instances? To fine lads who pay to play not the other way around £100 (yes I know some are less) is crazy for me. Yes let the ban warrant the crime but the fines are ridiculous

3 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Regardless of who has done this that and the other, on another indirect note does anyone else find the fines and bans more excessive than the pro game in a lot of instances? To fine lads who pay to play not the other way around £100 (yes I know some are less) is crazy for me. Yes let the ban warrant the crime but the fines are ridiculous

Do the players pay the fines or do the clubs pay ?

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Celtic Rooster said:

I'm really "gobsmacked" at what I'm reading on this thread. I watch amateur RL all over the place and have always found all the Cumbrian clubs to be friendly, decent and honest. I don't remember ever seeing a player from a Cumbrian team get sent off! I remember John Brocklebank standing up after his team had beaten their opponents in the last seconds and saying the away team, who lost, had been the better side. Don't know Rooney personally but always liked watching Wath Brow. Always have a good chat with their supporters and committee. I'm not taking sides here or saying that the things being quoted did not happen, and I certainly know plenty of good people at Mayfield too but, from my own experiences I'm shocked at the content of this thread. I don't like the way the game I love is going and this is a further disappointment. If I'm up in time after nightshift I will drive over to watch Mayfield this week at Normanton. Good luck to all teams playing this weekend. Amateur RL is struggling enough without the clubs falling out. Hope all these issues get resolved soon and we can move on.

Hi Ken,

Hope to see you at Normanton on Saturday. Fingers crossed that Mayfield can get a much needed win.

Doug 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Clubs can't win,if they ask a player to pay a fine and he refuses the league will then increase it if it not played by due date. If you tell the player if he does not pay his fine he can't play he replies no problems  I go to union or soccer.  League should understand the predicament they put clubs in.

8 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Hi Ken,

Hope to see you at Normanton on Saturday. Fingers crossed that Mayfield can get a much needed win.

Doug  

See what time I get up Doug? Just going to bed now. If I'm up before 12.30 I will drive over. I did watch your home game with Siddal mate. Good luck today anyway.

Archived