16 Aug: Super 8s: Wakefield Trinity v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/18 at 18:45

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

And where is Kirmonds Pouch?

FFS let it go.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

FFS let it go.

Sorry :blush:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Thought Wakey looked OK last night as did Saints - certainly didn't look like one of the teams was flying high at the top of the league.

10 minute burst before half time killed Wakey

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Much improved performance from Saints but still a long way from where they were earlier in the year. Still dropping too much ball and giving away silly penalties. 

Still have major concerns with some of the pack, Amor and Douglas were awful again and it's a good job Thompson will be back for the next game.

Our right edge looked vulnerable again with Costello making a few bad reads but Morgan should also be back against the pies.

On a slightly different note. Why have they changes the video ref intervention rules? 

There was a clear case last night for them to intervene when LMS was kicked. It wasn't deliberate but was dangerous play and should have been a penalty at the very least and probably a yellow card.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

On a slightly different note. Why have they changes the video ref intervention rules? 

There was a clear case last night for them to intervene when LMS was kicked. It wasn't deliberate but was dangerous play and should have been a penalty at the very least and probably a yellow card.

Agree with that apart from the yellow card, I was at the game so I didn't have the pleasure of the explanation about the video ref intervening. There was a wild pass to in to touch from Trin in the second half which the ref thought saints had touched so he gave a scrum to Trin, but then reversed it after appearing to check with the VR because saints didn't touch it, did he check VR? Is that allowed?

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Much improved performance from Saints but still a long way from where they were earlier in the year. Still dropping too much ball and giving away silly penalties. 

Still have major concerns with some of the pack, Amor and Douglas were awful again and it's a good job Thompson will be back for the next game.

Our right edge looked vulnerable again with Costello making a few bad reads but Morgan should also be back against the pies.

I think it’s a rule they’ve brought in from the NRL were the video ref will only intervene if it’s an offence worthy of a card. The reason for it is to stop players feeling the slightest touch to their face and staying down to win a penalty. 

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I promise I am not trolling here, but why should it be a penny if it wasn't deliberate? If you drop on a ball at a very kickable height, might you not expect a kick? I understand that players have a duty of care to each other, but don't they have a duty of care to themselves?

1 hour ago, zorquif said:

I promise I am not trolling here, but why should it be a penny if it wasn't deliberate? If you drop on a ball at a very kickable height, might you not expect a kick? I understand that players have a duty of care to each other, but don't they have a duty of care to themselves?

You can't kick an opponent in RL,  accidental or not it's classed as foul play. He may have intended to kick the ball but he didn't (he was nowhere near)  he just kicked LMS in the shoulder. 

In some respects it's similar to high tackles,  most aren't deliberate but when they happen they're classed as foul play and worthy of a penalty or more.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

18 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

You can't kick an opponent in RL,  accidental or not it's classed as foul play. He may have intended to kick the ball but he didn't (he was nowhere near)  he just kicked LMS in the shoulder. 

In some respects it's similar to high tackles,  most aren't deliberate but when they happen they're classed as foul play and worthy of a penalty or more.

Should have been a penalty nothing more IMO.

Do you think he will get a visit to the disciplinary though?

Archived