Dewsbury sunday

9' oller

7 hours ago, phildog said:

Day to Fev is a complete waste of his time, expected better. Harrison full-time so not gone to his dad then!! Full-time upward or what could still yet be sideards. 4 to Shaft? Blimey, it's better being a Rams fan for insight into Dogs business!!

James Dad ....Karl Harrison ,is an agent . There in lies the story....agent....deal.....double profit. But is it true?? Wait until 1st September.  

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, phildog said:

Day to Fev is a complete waste of his time, expected better.

Why would it be a complete waste of his time?

He will have Leeds representatives watching him every week at Fev. I can't think of a much better shop window than that, for a player with aspirations of top flight rugby. Luke Briscoe has landed himself a contract at Leeds this season, as did Jack Ormondroyd a season or two ago.

They are probably the ideal club and best option for him, as Leeds' two first choice second rowers are the wrong side of 30. Day is still a young guy with a lot of rugby in front of him.

Hope it comes off for him and he makes it. If the rumours are true of course, and we can't put a package together to make him want to stay at the mount.

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Simply surmising...don't you think that Day's move, if it is to Fev, is sideways? They're not going any place other than the same league as us. He is better than that. Can't see how I'm being negative towards OUR club saying that. In fact, it must be at least a week since I had a dig at anybody!!!

I absolutely agree Phil. The reality is that Featherstone only finished two places above us in the regular season. The fact that they're probably taking our best player is pretty depressing. It would soften the blow if Brad was leaving for a stint at Wakefield or similar, which is the level at which he deserves to be showcasing his talents. 

Fev have more money than us and can offer bigger salaries. What allegiance does Day have to Batley? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

As said else where, with the DR with Leeds they will watch him and cherry pick him from Featherstone like they did with Briscoe, so not much of a sideways move, more of a side step.

I was intrigued by the attendance figure in LE - 1485. There must have been a fair few in the boxes.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The stands and terraces were very sparse but when everyone is spread about the attendance guess is usually plus or minus 200. I'd say 800 tops but there's no merit in attendance exaggerations 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

not too fussed about attendance figures,those who made it had a right game a 2 halfs and i loved it, not just the win we needed as we must have a had a few players playing while knowing their not req for 2019, but the way we came back and in doing so played some cracking rugby, tough up the middle and then out wide with a bit a flair n dare. we made loads a mistakes with dropped balls and wrong option pass when someone was in a gap, but wow just think what we can do with a few players fighting for a shirt now and again. best 40 minutes for yonks and even with best waterboy in championship on sideline..:wild:

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Fev have more money than us and can offer bigger salaries. What allegiance does Day have to Batley? 

Can they really , chairman asked squad to take a pay cut Saturday and now this 

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I was intrigued by the attendance figure in LE - 1485. There must have been a fair few in the boxes.

there was around 500 of your lot in the boxes....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Not science. They budgeted for top 4 and came short. My heart bleeds

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

6 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Can they really , chairman asked squad to take a pay cut Saturday and now this 

A Featherstone pay cut might still be more than either of our clubs can pay, though. ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Back to the match yesterday 

i thought we look uncomposed and lacked energy in the first 55 minutes I know we scored twice but we went away from what worked e.g running at Moore and hallett, Young Tomlinson made him look awful when he scored but I still don't know how he disallowed the Scott try when rams defender threw himself over 

second half Dane Manning was a man who was on a mission I thought when we went back to dewsbury's left hand side it worked with manning scoring and Tomlinson setting up two tries for rettie, the kick was wonderful Morton didn't know where it was going either 

i thought Brown and Gledhill both troubled dewsbury with Harrison, Rowe looked okay until he got injured, Day's try put icing on the cake 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Back to the match yesterday 

i thought we look uncomposed and lacked energy in the first 55 minutes I know we scored twice but we went away from what worked e.g running at Moore and hallett, Young Tomlinson made him look awful when he scored but I still don't know how he disallowed the Scott try when rams defender threw himself over 

second half Dane Manning was a man who was on a mission I thought when we went back to dewsbury's left hand side it worked with manning scoring and Tomlinson setting up two tries for rettie, the kick was wonderful Morton didn't know where it was going either 

i thought Brown and Gledhill both troubled dewsbury with Harrison, Rowe looked okay until he got injured, Day's try put icing on the cake 

Have you ever thought of taking up coaching?

Archived