Batley A

Wakefield Ram

2 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Out of the two offences Farrell is by far the worst. Forearm to the head of a player on the ground. Easily a yellow.

I agree, Farrell should have walked for that. I must admit, it looks a completely different incident. to what I thought I saw at the game...

I guess I will be getting the call up from Ganson in the next few days. lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you guys are lucky to have a video to post, is it your own, cos we've not seen one!! It's a malaise throughout the game, that of a grounded player, already stopped, gets flopped on heavily. It happens in Super Duper League almost every tackle. I don't like it, it's enough to simply put your hands on the guy and the tackle is complete. However, I also don't like the 'head tackle' rule either, as if first contact is NOT a head shot, then it's unfair to penalise the tackler if first legal contact then bounces or slides to the head. Looking at this incident, it doesn't look as though Farrell actually drops on his head but slides off the shoulder. (I was no great fan of his, didn't think we needed him when he came, but he's proved his worth, sent off once in 2 seasons, and I will actually be sad, nay angry, to see him go. Everyone says we've got better 2nd rowers, but they're forgetting that 2 are leaving, leaving only Manning as a first choice!!). Then again, the follow up handbagging should have been left at that, as I doubt that there was any contact. A passing word from the ref to both would have been a simpler way of sorting it. Why the 30 point lashing in the 2nd half? Simple, one guy got his act together and ran the show, Joufret has been a breath of fresh air to our go forward, and he gets around the field effortlessly and pops up at the right time, that was the difference in the game.

12 hours ago, phildog said:

Well, you guys are lucky to have a video to post, is it your own, cos we've not seen one!!..........

Why the 30 point lashing in the 2nd half? Simple, one guy got his act together and ran the show, Joufret has been a breath of fresh air to our go forward, and he gets around the field effortlessly and pops up at the right time, that was the difference in the game.

Website Phil! Not sure I agree about Jouffret in this particular game, but think we should be taking steps to get him signed up for next season if we can!

On 8/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, Piggy's mate said:

And has anyone checked to see if Faz is retaliating for something done to him?

he had a cheap shot off sykes 3rd man in with shoulder 5 minutes before.they seemed to laugh it off but faz were well fired up and i for one hope we dont lose the lad.you get 100% every game, plenty a good players give silly stuff away now and again but make up for it all day.:ok:

Not been same player or as effective this season and can remember him breaking the line this season.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 8/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, distantdog said:

Website Phil! Not sure I agree about Jouffret in this particular game, but think we should be taking steps to get him signed up for next season if we can!

Jouffret hasn't really done much to convince me that we should fork out for him next season. If he was that good, John Kear would have taken him to Bradford. 

Archived