‘Super Saturday’

I was thinking about TV coverage the other day and how much there actually is. We've got Super League, championship with sky showing summer bash (and more coverage with Toronto's games), NCL, NRL, state of origin, World cups on BBC (with BBC having rights to every game in 2021), all England games on free to air, at least 1 game from every round of challenge Cup. Free to air highlights with super league show, other magazine shows like RugbyAM, backchat and what have you.

Think about how much of that is on free to air as well. How many other sports have got live 4-7th tier games on free to air TV? Sure, might not be fantastic coverage but I have really enjoyed it and at least it is covered. 

I am being a good husband this Saturday and staying in with my daughter while my wife goes out with friends. 

She offered to get a babysitter so I could go out at around 5pm with them. I told her I'll be fine.

It's a hard life :biggrin: 

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was thinking about TV coverage the other day and how much there actually is. We've got Super League, championship with sky showing summer bash (and more coverage with Toronto's games), NCL, NRL, state of origin, World cups on BBC (with BBC having rights to every game in 2021), all England games on free to air, at least 1 game from every round of challenge Cup. Free to air highlights with super league show, other magazine shows like RugbyAM, backchat and what have you.

Think about how much of that is on free to air as well. How many other sports have got live 4-7th tier games on free to air TV? Sure, might not be fantastic coverage but I have really enjoyed it and at least it is covered. 

Not only are the BBC covering more RL, but the quality of their broadcast coverage has improved out of sight since the days of 'Grandstand'. Okay, the streamed content is lower-budget, but that's fair enough.

Add to that the free live content on YouTube channels like BarTV and FFRXIII, Facebook accounts like Proper Sport, or Serbian matches on Sportuzivo, etc. - things in RL Land aren't quite as unendurably bleak as some would have you believe.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Bearman said:

What are we supposed to do between 21.30 and 23.15?

Bad planning. The RFL should be ashamed

Go out to the all-night shop and re-stock on beer, of course!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was nice to get an email from the RFL this week (they are pretty decent the weekly updates) focusing on the fat that Sky are showing 5 games from 3 countries this weekend. SL goes worldwide or something.

We should be shouting this more and more.

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It was nice to get an email from the RFL this week (they are pretty decent the weekly updates) focusing on the fat that Sky are showing 5 games from 3 countries this weekend. SL goes worldwide or something.

We should be shouting this more and more.

That does have a good ring to it and well done to the RFL for sending out the email. I would love to know if they sent updates like that to news organisations. It would be very interesting to see if Toronto get to Super League if we see new interest in things like sponsorship interest. For a big company like Transat sponsorship of Super League covering 3 countries would be a snip and could be very appealing.

Archived