Poor poor Hunslet side today

ANDYPK

Well I expected a much tougher game than that, half your team didn’t look interested at all today, your half backs and Watson were the only players who can have any credit, the rest were embarrassing. 

andypk.gif

I thought they were a decent side and I could see how they have upset a few.

Difference was they weren't allowed to play the game they wanted today. York forwards dominated and, once again, we showed that it is defence that wins matches.

Same again at Workington please.

9 minutes ago, JonT said:

I thought they were a decent side and I could see how they have upset a few.

Difference was they weren't allowed today. York forwards dominated and, once again, we showed that it is defence that wins matches.

Same again at Workington please.

Agree, Hunslet are no pushovers and do have quality players in their team. However today they came up against a Knights team who were at the top of their game. They couldn't handle the intensity of our forwards and were getting smashed back tackle after tackle after tackle, this allowed our backs to do their business. Nice to have some away fans making some noise and adding to the match atmosphere 

Worst kicking game I've seen from an opposition side this season apart from West Wales. DFJ is a talented player but his talents are wasted when he hardly gets any ball, thought the Hunslet halfbacks would've linked up better with him, especially as they ripped York to shreds earlier in the season. Your MOTM was Mvududu who ran hard and looked dangerous, he took a huge (and fair) hit from Edwards but fair play to him for getting straight back up and carrying on.

Ah, thank you for setting up this thread on our behalf gents!! ;) 

It would too obvious to say the better side won, but that's a back-handed compliment because just about any team playing Hunslet yesterday would have been the better side! I read an article from Thornton Saturday saying the team were all fired up and couldn't wait to get stuck in. That was good to know then - otherwise goodness knows what the score would have been. I stopped counting the errors - mostly unforced knock-ons - when I realised I'd need to take my shoes and socks off ... so after about 25 minutes then.

Watson did OK (after dropping the kick-off), Southernwood tried his best to no avail and a mention for Reed, Lee and Mvududu who I think were the only others who didn't knock on at any point.

While most supporters agree we've had a better 2018, that's the fourth 'howler' of the season, after Keighley and Donny at home and Newcastle away ... and it was the worst of the lot. Thornton urgently needs to get to the bottom of why we periodically come up with such performances when we have shown we are clearly better than that.

Meanwhile the results from yesterday have, I believe, gone a long way to sorting out the play-off positions. The wins for Workington and Doncaster have effectively secured them play-off places, leaving us and Oldham to fight for the last spot. As Oldham still have to play Bradford and York, three wins from the last four games (though you wouldn't bet on it based on yesterday) will probably see us take fifth ... and a trip to Bradford or York in the play offs.

So that'll be something to look forward to then :unsure:

This game proved without Chappell, Tonks, Braham, Haley, Williams, Duffy we lack any kind of firepower and their replacements are ok against Hemel and West Wales but nowhere near good enough against York , we didn't make one line break in 80 mins and that says everything. York were very impressive and to say they were on the verge of going under 2 years ago the transformation is remarkable, yes they are DR with HKR but that's the way of the World in RL.

Ashton missing too kol. Having said that York were excellent and we were like a bunch of kids who had never played the game before. Other results means we can still make top 5 but I wouldn’t even trust us to beat Newcastle at home let alone Whitehaven away

Can’t beleive I missed Ashton  out , he’s been a standout player this season and should be in the 2nd row, no way would he have been bullied like we were on Sunday. Good job Andy Ellis and Jake Butler -Fleming  weren’t playing . However we proved at the SLS with the right team again York we can give them a game and if we play them again in the play offs we might put up a better fight .

Archived