16 players!?

Heywood Tiger

Can someone explain to me how we can only manage to field 16 players for an important home fixture?

I understand there’s a cut off date for registering players but surely a bit of foresight would have prevented the embarrassment of fielding one short. 

Personally I’d have loved to see local amateur lads training with the squad, although the 50 mile round trip to training may be a barrier.

A first for the club at First Grade level I would have thought, probably linked to the lack of Duel Registration players from Warrington given that they are in the cup final.

Scrap D/R and invest in a Reserve Grade with a mixture of the best young talent in the area and senior first team fringe players perhaps some returning from injury.

I would think that the new coach will need time to evaluate and re-structure the club given the Horlicks that has been made of this season.

It would appear the Chairman's parting speech was rather inaccurate.

19 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Can someone explain to me how we can only manage to field 16 players for an important home fixture?

I understand there’s a cut off date for registering players but surely a bit of foresight would have prevented the embarrassment of fielding one short. 

Personally I’d have loved to see local amateur lads training with the squad, although the 50 mile round trip to training may be a barrier.

Players are injured and we put out the best we could, we are a part time team and lads can’t always commit every week.

Local lads?, from where Mayfield, have you seen where they are at the moment in the table?. If they can’t win there they aren’t going to win here. Warrington have some of the best training departments in the country and I think it must have had an effect on the players.

But i think we played great on Sunday and showed what we could do.

6 hours ago, Hornets Nest said:

Scrap D/R and invest in a Reserve Grade with a mixture of the best young talent in the area and senior first team fringe players perhaps some returning from injury.

Reserve grade would be great but I don’t think we have the money to invest in that fully.

You're certainly not alone. Fev only named 16 players (and one of those was coming back from a broken leg, not really fit, acted as tee carrier, and only came on for the last 2 mins due to an injury in the 78th min as there was no one else left - 2 players had already gone off early 1st half, one in the 1st set of the game, who didn't return) for the home game last week and did the same at Toronto. Been a few other examples of clubs naming less than 17 (Barrow at Fev and I think West Wales a couple of times). I get the impression that there's been a lot more injuries than normal this season - hard ground?

Reserve grade would be great but I don’t think we have the money to invest in that fully.

And a lot less £££ than this season, if we are relegated, which seems most likely at the moment. Even all of the SL elite clubs do not have reserves - something which would be great across the board. Sunday's 16 showed what could be achieved by commitment and hopefully this will be replicated over the next weeks and next season, wherever we are. Both Championship and League 1 divisions are much different and stronger beasts than previously.  A strong core of experienced players is key and most importantly, what we can afford.  Our new coach will be under no illusions.

Mayfield yeah amongst others! The current team has 2 mayfield players in it, plus a Crossfields player and a Blackbrook player! 

Cos Mayfield aren’t top of the league none of their players are any good? What a load of nonsense! Do you think the same about Hornets? Toby Adamson and Rob Massam Are ###### obviously cos where the team is, rugby genius!

And I said train not play, give young lads a chance to see what it’s like, Costs nothing, gives you a chance to have a look at players, helps connect the club with community and debvelops players. Instead we pull Warrington lads in!?

So we had only 16 players ???  I was at the game and everyone of the Hornets lads who played gave 110%  and gave Featherstone a game 

Theres few really good sayings 

1, You can please some of the people all of the time ,you can please all of the people some of the time 

But you can't please all of the people ALL of the time ... John Lydgate 

OR 

Thumper Bambi 1942 

My mama always said ...if you can't say nothing nice ,you shouldn't say nothing at all 

Finally 

It is wiser to find out than to suppose 

Wendy

Rochdale Hornets and Proud

1 hour ago, BUZZYBEE said:

So we had only 16 players ???  I was at the game and everyone of the Hornets lads who played gave 110%  and gave Featherstone a game 

1, You can please some of the people all of the time ,you can please all of the people some of the time 

OR 

Thumper Bambi 1942 

My mama always said ...if you can't say nothing nice ,you shouldn't say nothing at all 

Finally 

Nowhere have I suggested the players didn’t give everything, I think they gave more than we could expect.

Here’s a good saying; Unfortunately when youve a club with a board without the knowledge confidence or balls to say anything that isn’t nice you end up with the absolute shambles we’re left with here.

I think we are missing a trick here. Swinton are on to it. Leigh owe money all over the place and could fold and be relegated which may mean only one down, maybe the Swinton game could be the hundred thousand pound game!   Not the way i would like at another clubs expense but they went for it and failed so who knows. 

On 8/20/2018 at 12:31 PM, Hornets Nest said:

A first for the club at First Grade level I would have thought, probably linked to the lack of Duel Registration players from Warrington given that they are in the cup final.

I would think that the new coach will need time to evaluate and re-structure the club given the Horlicks that has been made of this season.

It would appear the Chairman's parting speech was rather inaccurate.

Am I missing something here about the plethora of young players in the area cos I’d love to know were they all are. Gone are the days when the local amateur league had Spotland rangers, Kirkholt,Smallbridge, Heywood and Todmorden etc to choose from besides Mayfield. So just where will they be picked up from?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

On 8/21/2018 at 7:25 AM, BUZZYBEE said:

OR 

Thumper Bambi 1942 

Finally 

Yes and there are a lot of folks who were abused by politicians, football coaches, celebreties etc etc because people said nothing when there was nothing nice to say. I expect it is one of Harvey Weinsteins favourite expressions.

The most stupid saying I have ever heard. said in a cartoon and where it should have stayed. What next...”Jim’ll fix it”?

Archived