25 Aug: Challenge Cup Final: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points of more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points of more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/18 at 14:00

Counting down the days until Saturday. I really hope that Catalan can win, as it will be great for them. Failing that a stoic performance and not a capitulation will do.

Couldn't give a flying duck about the crowd, I've bought the tickets I want, I am happy with what I've paid and will be watching what's going on the field rather than staring at empty seats and grinning smugly. Along with everyone bar Warrington fans (who probably won't begrudge the Dragons a win) I will be cheering on the French side. Can't wait, I do love a Wembley trip.

I'm a big Cats fan, I am worried though they played their final in that semi. They will need a huge game from Casty, Simon and Edwards. Wire are a big side. Gigot and Ratchford are both excellent full backs so hopefully it will be a open game and a good spectacle. 

I see this being close. Too hard to call. Wire marginal favourites. 

The build up commences. French and English press in Perpignan.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Could be a chance for a massive increase in popularity in France which can only be a good thing and If they can play like they did against Saints and hold the intensity then they beat Warrington playing their best. Tough call but I can see a fair few points in this game, so going for 33-25 to Catalans.

If they do win it half the M62 region will implode because some johnny foreigners have taken 'their' cup out the country/stolen their SL place/just hate any club doing better than there's/are just gammon's (*)

It's cloudy and a bit humid with mild temperatures here in the South and it's going to stay that way all week including Saturday according to the Met office. 20% chance of rain so probably the odd quick shower/spitting might be on the cards.

Hope everyone has a good journey into the capital, please have passports and rabies control card ready, ta muchly:good:.

*delete as appropriate

Hope it's a great final, would prefer Les Cats to win as I think it would be terrific for our sport but wouldn't begrudge Wire a win as they were very gracious when we finally won at that "W" place in 2016.

Interesting that Catalans have taken Danny Houghton on loan for the next week or so, what's that all about then?

:whistle:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Christophe is saying how crazy the amount of interest there is locally but also in England, that there are sporting journos in france (not just RL) appraoching them and even two journos from England as well and that this shows how much interest there is.

He says that they realise the importance of the game and that it will help raise the awareness of rugby and that it's important to the history of the cup (I guess if they win it) and mentions that the comp is one of the oldest trophy's in sport over here.

Goes on to say they had problems with the media when they were not doing so well but thanks BBC Sport for helping to widen visibility (of the club/French rugby) and goes on to repeat about how much interest there is in England and in France and that they want to get as many fans on their side in the last few days (words to that effect) and that people have been asking how to get over to England/tickets either direct through the club or getting there under their own steam.

We focus on the Wigan match and try to do well, we are starting to feel the pressure leading up to the game.

Really looking forward to a weekend down the smoke.

Will be nice to watch a game and not really care who wins. Would be nice if Cats could win for all the obvious reasons but would not be unhappy with a Warrington win. Good club and great fans.

Main thing is a good game, I think it will be too.

7 minutes ago, Davc1h said:

Really looking forward to a weekend down the smoke.

Will be nice to watch a game and not really care who wins. Would be nice if Cats could win for all the obvious reasons but would not be unhappy with a Warrington win. Good club and great fans.

Main thing is a good game, I think it will be too.

Yep, my sentiments exactly.

5 hours ago, Yorkie44 said:

Counting down the days until Saturday. I really hope that Catalan can win, as it will be great for them. Failing that a stoic performance and not a capitulation will do.

Couldn't give a flying duck about the crowd, I've bought the tickets I want, I am happy with what I've paid and will be watching what's going on the field rather than staring at empty seats and grinning smugly. Along with everyone bar Warrington fans (who probably won't begrudge the Dragons a win) I will be cheering on the French side. Can't wait, I do love a Wembley trip.

As a Warrington fan, naturally I want us to win - but yes, if Cats win, I'll be happy with that too, think it would be great for the game. 

I'm a Warringtonian who lives an hour from Perpignan so my loyalties are split right down the middle. My heart will always pump primrose and blue blood but if Les Dracs come away with the cup I'll be happy - because that means the game of RL is the ultimate winner and hopefully generate more publicity for our game down here. As Steve Mac' mentioned recently in a post-match interview, this is not a rich part of France  by any stretch of the imagination and we need as much publicity as poss to help further grow TGG.

Can't wait for the game.

Archived