Wembley Crowd

IM2

I know there has been lots of doom merchants but does anyone have any intel on how many?

interesting i watched the Union test with SA & argentina and it looked patchy and no one mentioned it once on the commentary just how good it was to argentina playing. so for me having catalans there is similar  to that. as a long term investment in the game to have them make the final and even better win has got to be a good move and well worth 60k or 65k only

Probably be a good atmosphere due to most of the crowd shouting for catalan, I and the wire crowd will do our best to lift us but we will be heavily outnumbered with all neutral fans French for the day. 

There are less than 1,000 tickets available for sale according to the interactive ticket map, meaning a crowd of over 50k is possible. That said, it is not clear whether all rows in the Catalans end have been made available for sale in the first place, so there could be a negative variation of around 3k if not. 

I also think the Wire blocks are not sold out, they are with Warrington and SeeTickets. I suspect there are plenty like that in the Wire end.

I still haven't heard of anybody who has bought a ticket in the Wire upper tier being moved yet. I even had a look at rlfans.com earlier to see if there had been discussion on the Wire forum and it hasn't been mentioned.

If they have just closed off the new sales, but kept the current sales up there, then there could be more than 50k open.

But who knows?

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I also think the Wire blocks are not sold out, they are with Warrington and SeeTickets. I suspect there are plenty like that in the Wire end.

I still haven't heard of anybody who has bought a ticket in the Wire upper tier being moved yet. I even had a look at rlfans.com earlier to see if there had been discussion on the Wire forum and it hasn't been mentioned.

If they have just closed off the new sales, but kept the current sales up there, then there could be more than 50k open.

But who knows?

I just got moved from upper tier seats technically in the Wire end (not that I am a Wire fan).

5 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Looks like the RFL marketing has delivered again! Useless 

Grab a ticket if you dont have one , great venue and im sure the atmosphere will be good , especially if Catalans can get a few points on the board early on . 

why is there no contingency plan in place for if Catalan reach a major final?  a campsite not too far away maybe for travelling fans who don't want or cant get  London hotels , a "French nationality" passport for the day so neutrals can get behind them, just some sort of planning for this eventuality would be good.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

55 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

why is there no contingency plan in place for if Catalan reach a major final?  a campsite not too far away maybe for travelling fans who don't want or cant get  London hotels , a "French nationality" passport for the day so neutrals can get behind them, just some sort of planning for this eventuality would be good.

I’d expect all that would come at a cost especially the campsite in high season, just for a chance that they make it. Would that be more or less than than the lost revenue? Closing the top tier, most of it anyway for this week probably has saved a bit on the hiring fee (less stewards etc) that’s probably the only realistic contingency at the moment 

There are 250,000 French people living in London. Surely something could have been marketed to them? 

There are around 65,000 Canadians in London. TWP managed to get 1,000 of them to Skolars when they played us and this season when they played Halifax at New River. I can’t believe some French ex pats wouldn’t have fancied a trip to Wembley? 

14 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

There are 250,000 French people living in London. Surely something could have been marketed to them? 

There are around 65,000 Canadians in London. TWP managed to get 1,000 of them to Skolars when they played us and this season when they played Halifax at New River. I can’t believe some French ex pats wouldn’t have fancied a trip to Wembley? 

they prob wont know anything about it, another great chance missed by the people who run rl

1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

Whilst it's easy to criticise the RFL, it may not be that easy to persuade French expats to back a Catalan team.

Agreed - RL in France is even more of a niche regional sport than it is over here...

And how do you tap into a diaspora? Stocking up posters won’t work. 

A good crowd would be great.  45-50000 is ok with me.  

What people are missing is that big crowds or little crowds, the atmosphere is fantastic.  From the Pubs, to the match.  I always felt sad to leave.  A bit of an anti climax.

Hope it’s a fab day for everyone!

the final wants moving away from aug bank holiday for starters, holidays, festivals, weddings, new football season  etc etc, prob the most stupid time available to have the cc final

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

the final wants moving away from aug bank holiday for starters, holidays, festivals, weddings, new football season  etc etc, prob the most stupid time available to have the cc final

When would you have it?

If the lower tier (40k) and club wembley (17k) are full that would be a crowd of 57k, which would be ok and look better on tv than the patchy 70 odd k last year.

I recall an RU Heineken cup final in Dublin a few yrs ago at Landsdowne Rd with two French clubs in the final and it was half empty - and Landsdowne Rd only held about 60k

25 minutes ago, philipw said:

When would you have it?

when other things are not filling up the social calendar, always used to go when it was at the end of april, too busy at this time of year

Archived