Bulls struggling again?

DEANO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Big hike in season ticket prices. Gone up from £149 to £225. Massive increase

It’s probably with promotion in mind. Or they’re moving to a more premium product of which ticket prices will match?

Or.. or... or... they know of a new league structure for 2019.

1 hour ago, Tre Cool said:

Sounds like a lot to me.  They're not exactly York City Knights are they?!

Sadly, at least for Bulls fans, your argument is currently irrefutable. ☹️☹️☹️

If York beat Town next weekend, then - unless Bulls improve significantly in attack, and stop getting sucked in by the borderline unpleasantness - it will be York and Town going up. And someone is going to look very silly over the season ticket pricing. Although I fear it may become academic anyway in such a situation.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

8 hours ago, Adeybull said:

, and stop getting sucked in by the borderline unpleasantness - it will be York and Town going up.

What a load of garbage, your fans are putting this out as though town players were there just to fight when it was nothing of the sort, its embarrassing that your using this to deflect from being totally outplayed. The only punches thrown in the game were by your players, your players were running in en mass any time a penalty was given. 

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Only a mug would buy a season ticket at that price.

I'm getting mine and my mate's tomorrow.

Ha ha , yes that’s a fan .... I’m never ever going again after that rubbish . When’s next match ?

2 hours ago, dkw said:

What a load of garbage, your fans are putting this out as though town players were there just to fight when it was nothing of the sort, its embarrassing that your using this to deflect from being totally outplayed. The only punches thrown in the game were by your players, your players were running in en mass any time a penalty was given. 

Hey, how about going off on a rant at someone who actually said any of those things?

I have already said the best team won. I have already acknowledged that Bulls are currently the third-best team in the Division, and without serious improvement will not be going up (Town would very much fancy their chances in a probable play-off game) I have never said Town played dirty. I have never said they were there just for a fight. I HAVE said they played the referee (some of whose odd decisions led to bits of the unpleasantness) much better than Bulls did. Kear said the same, acknowledging the greater experience and nous that the Town players demonstrated. 

My comment about Bulls avoiding getting sucked in was precisely about this last point, and was a criticism of Bulls players getting suckered and in some cases bullied - in this case, by some smart and experienced Town players playing the game close to the limits - as they are more than entitled to do. More fool our lot for letting it get to them. But it was a wider observation, since experienced heads in other teams have done the same. 

Please do me the courtesy of attacking me for things I actually said, not what maybe others said, eh?

And, for that matter, show me where on here any other Bulls fan has said what you allege?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Borderline unpleasantness is part of the game , it is why old heads are drafted into younger inexperienced squads ( in any team sport ) a bit near the knuckle ruffling of feathers and getting as much leeway out of refs etc as you can , its even called " smart play " by some observers of team sport , its not illegal or foul play it is squeezing every bit of opportunism you can get for your teams advantage .

Adeybull has already admitted the relatively naive young Bulls squad were mugs for falling into the baited traps . So nothing much to see or cry about here .

Without getting into a wider discussion about pricing being too low at the top end, these prices are high. 

As a benchmark, Warrington's for this year started at £212 (standing) and £248 (seating) vs the Bulls' £225 and £249. The Junior offer of a free shirt is BS, as the ticket is £99 versus Wire's £59. 

I expect it will be cheaper to go to any of the SL clubs around them.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

So what do you mean by "borderline unpleasantness " then?

As for other bulls fans, I never mentioned it was on here did I? go on any social media, or even other RL forums and have a look.

Anonymous has explained it perfectly. And his description is precisely what I was referring to. You will also see I stated that Town’s players were more than entitled to do so. 

As he rightly says, nothing much to see or cry about here. Entirely in accordance with what I said above. And I was certainly not crying about anything - quite the opposite.

I always had you down for a reasonable and objective poster, so I just can’t see why you railed into me for things I never said and for views I never expressed. You stated my post was a “load of garbage”. Where was it so? How about acknowledging that you took your frustrations over comments seemingly expressed by others elsewhere out on me, when in fact my posts on here have praised Town and been critical of Bulls?

Writing "borderline unpleasantness" has obvious connotations, you know exactly what you meant by it. You can choose to try and take the moral high ground if you like. As for anonymous, don't take anything he writes about town at face value, hes banned of our forum for a very good reason. 

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

The future support is from kids that’s why they are free at the knights 

Do all kids go free at York? At town the season tickets are incredibly cheap, £10 I think at one point. 

I am a little lost at so called high prices for season tickets, I regularly travel to Bradford from S Wales, and I find my work football fans are paying a much higher rate than I do. In Rugby League we appear to have a cheap skate mentality, no wonder we have stadiums which have seen better days, it cannot be done without money. 

Already we appear to be struggling to sell tickets for this weekend's final, with massive amounts of tickets been sold at absurdly cheap rates.Our soccer counterparts do not have these same problems. 

Incidentally, I have already bought our season tickets for next season, and compared to my football counterparts I have a very good bargain. 

Archived