Elstone visits Toronto Wolfpack. The verdict?

Loup

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in summary, "where there's a will there's a away."

It seems to me that some people have decided first and foremost they just don't want Toronto in our game and then set out looking for excuses, any excuses, to justify their prejudice. 

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

So in summary, "where there's a will there's a away."

It seems to me that some people have decided first and foremost they just don't want Toronto in our game and then set out looking for excuses, any excuses, to justify their prejudice. 

Is this what is meant when people say whataboutism ?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I repeat, where there's a will, there' s a way. 

there is an air transat flight monday night getting in tuesday morning.. so they could have stayed another day.. and worked around that if they wanted to.. they chose not to thinking that the other was a better option.. the point being there are options!

1 minute ago, RP London said:

there is an air transat flight monday night getting in tuesday morning.. so they could have stayed another day.. and worked around that if they wanted to.. they chose not to thinking that the other was a better option.. the point being there are options!

Would they have had to pay for that?.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I think it was smart of him to do a dry run with Hull KR to see what is actually going on...his comments about the demographic differences are dead on..also don't people smile at games over there (is it that bad?)?

We don't at Widnes ;)

Just now, amm said:

Would they have had to pay for that?.

dunno... could be a fair call though... maybe air transat say we'll pay for your flights but you have to go when we tell you... which I suppose is a fair trade off and may be an issue of the 8s being organised so late fixture wise.. 

Things like agreements that a club travelling to Toronto will play their next match no earlier than the FOLLOWING Saturday is easy enough to implement, and clubs just need to adapt their travel and training plans to meet the requirements.

With talk like this, and the furore over Denver we are sounding really small time.

This is so easily solved.

Fly back on the Monday evening Manchester flight and let the players have a well earned day off.

Just need to ensure that you're not expected to play on Thursday or Friday.

But hey, this is rugby league let's have a moan and a whine over nothing.

However, Air Transat are not the only game in town.  There are cheaper options (if the clubs are paying their own way).  Icelandair have a daily Toronto > Keflavic > Manchester and vice versa.

There also BA from Heathrow and the shuttle up to LBA/MAN

Or even Humberside/LBA to Toronto via Schipol with KLM

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Is that what I said? No, I said that there was a right to be cautious. And there is. If there is no flights into Manchester on a Monday as a poster above suggests, this becomes a somewhat of an issue. 

Why? Is Glasgow someplace on the other side of the world? 

transat fly from toronto to manchester on a saturday, monday, Tuesday, wednesday and Thursday so I dont really see a problem with this to be honest.. 

As AMM mentioned though this may be more down to having to take what you are given and the timing and availability of said flights with regards the fixtures for the 8s.. 

again a set of circumstances which may never occur again.

16 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

No. Some are scared of boats. Kick Toronto out.

isnt that why the two Hull Clubs didnt want Grimsby involved ... 1981 really hurt their argument... luckily the damage was already done to their cause..

Archived