London Broncos

RobertAM

At home I can only see a Wolfpack win. London aren't as good as KR. If it were at London then I might be more inclined to think there could be an upset. I see Salford away as the key match so the Wolfpack will be looking to take some momentum into that one.

I'm expecting Matty and Blake back at a minimum. I have not heard anything about what I think are injuries to Higson and Krasniqi. Is Brierley also hurt or did he just not play against HKR? I saw onkly two players on the sidelines in the second half, and was wondering who else was out besides Wallace.

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

I'm expecting Matty and Blake back at a minimum. I have not heard anything about what I think are injuries to Higson and Krasniqi. Is Brierley also hurt or did he just not play against HKR? I saw onkly two players on the sidelines in the second half, and was wondering who else was out besides Wallace.

Had a chat with Cory Patterson after the game.  He was sporting an "air boot" on his left leg.  He said "just precautionary".  I hope that is the case.

If the TP can’t beat London at home, I would question this team being ready for SL. Of course, on the day, any side could beat another but having lost to HKR and not backing up would show deficiencies. I believe the TWP will bounce back and press on. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

15 hours ago, Medway Bear said:

I notice The Ex Airshow this year is from 12 - 3 on September 1 - 3. Should be an interesting backdrop to the game.

There was a game last year too when the airshow was on.   Parking for those who had to drive in was a N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E. I know of some folks who couldn't get parked so just drove home, missing the game. Now that was a 4:30 P.M. kick-off so I'm hoping it will be easier this year with the 12:30 P.M. kick-off.

With the excellent GO train and TTC options just makes sense to park close to a line and transit in...come in early hit the pubs and restaurants and party on...

I was hoping that with Harry being patron of RL and Meghan calling Toronto home for many years they could be enticed here for a game...maybe the club could have them over when we clinch a place in SL!!!

37 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I was hoping that with Harry being patron of RL and Meghan calling Toronto home for many years they could be enticed here for a game...maybe the club could have them over when we clinch a place in SL!!!

They can't even get him to a game at Wembley Rob. 

rldfsignature.jpg

17 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

They can't even get him to a game at Wembley Rob. 

well while i admire the good work he does it's Meghan I'd like to see..she used to live just up the street from me and I never knew it..would have walked my dog around that area if I'd known...!!

7 hours ago, RobertAM said:

With the excellent GO train and TTC options just makes sense to park close to a line and transit in...come in early hit the pubs and restaurants and party on...

This is true Robert and if I was young (as in under 75 years old) and a LOT more mobile (50+ year career of manual labour kind of kicks the s*** out of the body-something like RL does I suppose), then I'd do the transit in thing. At our stage in life transit is not an option for me and the missus.  I/we do appreciate the tip none-the-less.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:15 AM, Cameron Highlander said:

There was a game last year too when the airshow was on.   Parking for those who had to drive in was a N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E. I know of some folks who couldn't get parked so just drove home, missing the game. Now that was a 4:30 P.M. kick-off so I'm hoping it will be easier this year with the 12:30 P.M. kick-off.

Last time I had no where to park so we parked illegally and took the ticket as part of the game cost....hopefully the earlier start solves this...will find out soon.

We have to be ready for the London game.  All this talk of SL promotion etc. is , in my opinion, silly.  We are not even close to being out of the woods yet, If we don't make it out of the Qualifier Eights then it all becomes so much more difficult next year.  Nothing has been decided yet.  I hope the staff and players are really training hard and taking it one game at a time...we really need this win after giving one away to the Robins last game.   And remember; London beat us once already in the season.

I really feel alot of people are getting ahead of themselves...one game at a time.  Sammut needs to be hammered and hammered hard every time he touches the ball.  I say give Bussey the task!

With a Championship at 14 teams, so 2 more part-timers that will complain about travel, visas, player availability, I certainly don’t want to see TWP stay at that level.

We have 3 Championship teams this year that can certainly play at bottom of SL level, I say they should expend SL more than Championship, but that would mean automatic promotion for the Wolfpack, so no chance.

I hope the 12.30 kick off helps you with parking, but I also hope that it does not affect the attendance. The Hull numbers were really not good in my opinion, we need to correct that big time. But that being said, I cannot come, too expensive on a Labour Weekend, sorry.

54 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

We have to be ready for the London game.  All this talk of SL promotion etc. is , in my opinion, silly.  We are not even close to being out of the woods yet, If we don't make it out of the Qualifier Eights then it all becomes so much more difficult next year.  Nothing has been decided yet.  I hope the staff and players are really training hard and taking it one game at a time...we really need this win after giving one away to the Robins last game.   And remember; London beat us once already in the season.

I really feel alot of people are getting ahead of themselves...one game at a time.  Sammut needs to be hammered and hammered hard every time he touches the ball.  I say give Bussey the task!

I worry about next season if TWP do not make it out to SL this time round. If this team can't get to SL, it will have to be strengthen for next season to try and make it. The games were one sided as it was most of the season and with potentially 2 extra League 1 sides coming up, it could be cricket scores in some games. That isn't entertaining. Nice to win, but I would rather have Hull KR games where TWP might lose than one sided games.

Still on to London and, as you say, a tricky game where a win is mandatory. Need to at least get into the MPG.

37 minutes ago, manu266 said:

With a Championship at 14 teams, so 2 more part-timers that will complain about travel, visas, player availability, I certainly don’t want to see TWP stay at that level.

We have 3 Championship teams this year that can certainly play at bottom of SL level, I say they should expend SL more than Championship, but that would mean automatic promotion for the Wolfpack, so no chance.

I hope the 12.30 kick off helps you with parking, but I also hope that it does not affect the attendance. The Hull numbers were really not good in my opinion, we need to correct that big time. But that being said, I cannot come, too expensive on a Labour Weekend, sorry.

We seemed to get our best crowds at 4:30 last year so thats why they went to that.  Now with SKY having a say we must be flexible although it will affect attendance (as I believe it did for the last game vs Hull KR).  One step at a time but it seems the 9000 mark is our first real ceiling that we need to break and we will eventually.  Hopefully next year we can have  a steady set game time since many come from out of town and like a firm schedule before making commitments.

As Medway said we need to keep winning and get out of Championship ASAP.  This year provides big  opportunities to do so.  This upcoming London game is HUGE for us and would put us back in the drivers seat again.  WE MUST WIN THIS GAME or we could be in for some trouble.  We really need a win now.

41 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

We seemed to get our best crowds at 4:30 last year so thats why they went to that.  Now with SKY having a say we must be flexible although it will affect attendance (as I believe it did for the last game vs Hull KR).  One step at a time but it seems the 9000 mark is our first real ceiling that we need to break and we will eventually.  Hopefully next year we can have  a steady set game time since many come from out of town and like a firm schedule before making commitments.

As Medway said we need to keep winning and get out of Championship ASAP.  This year provides big  opportunities to do so.  This upcoming London game is HUGE for us and would put us back in the drivers seat again.  WE MUST WIN THIS GAME or we could be in for some trouble.  We really need a win now.

The bolding above is mine.  I agree with you completely.  And I've been asking around to see if anyone can give some kind of assurances about game times next year.  Not surprisingly they can't and I'm thinking a lot might depend on whether TWP are in SL or Championship.  SL means more bending to SKY wishes/needs than would Championship.  Personally, as an out-of-towner, if we were looking at 12:30 P.M. kick-offs for the majority of games, then we need to think seriously about renewing our (missus and I) Season Tickets, since we'd be more inclined to pick and choose what games we want to see live. I'd be OK with 2:30 P.M. kick-offs.  Since this game time thingy likely won't be settled before the reduced pricing for existing Season Ticket holders expires on September 30th. we will probably end up doing the bite the bullet thing, renew for 2019, and hope the scheduling gods look kindly upon us.

42 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

The bolding above is mine.  I agree with you completely.  And I've been asking around to see if anyone can give some kind of assurances about game times next year.  Not surprisingly they can't and I'm thinking a lot might depend on whether TWP are in SL or Championship.  SL means more bending to SKY wishes/needs than would Championship.  Personally, as an out-of-towner, if we were looking at 12:30 P.M. kick-offs for the majority of games, then we need to think seriously about renewing our (missus and I) Season Tickets, since we'd be more inclined to pick and choose what games we want to see live. I'd be OK with 2:30 P.M. kick-offs.  Since this game time thingy likely won't be settled before the reduced pricing for existing Season Ticket holders expires on September 30th. we will probably end up doing the bite the bullet thing, renew for 2019, and hope the scheduling gods look kindly upon us.

I'm in the same boat as you but there is one difference...you are a Cameron Highlander!  I served with Cameron Highlanders and know their kit well...and their disposition.   Cameron Highlanders are not ones to sleep in or to miss the action...get up earlier Highlander....thats an order!

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I'm in the same boat as you but there is one difference...you are a Cameron Highlander!  I served with Cameron Highlanders and know their kit well...and their disposition.   Cameron Highlanders are not ones to sleep in or to miss the action...get up earlier Highlander....thats an order!

You sound like "the Missus".   Every day she asks if I've renewed for 2019.  You sure you're not related?

1 minute ago, Cameron Highlander said:

You sound like "the Missus".   Every day she asks if I've renewed for 2019.  You sure you're not related?

Well I'm sure that she is alot better looking than me...iron those pleats in that kilt with a damp tea towel immediately!

Archived