Wembley

Reverend Ram

Not this time.

My last one was in 87 too but I've never been tempted back since.

Have a great time - Allez les Dracs!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I go every year!! ...and really enjoy the day!!   but .. I still lament the 3 semis  when we almost made it .. back in the day when it was possible! ....No longer..... the money in SL has ensured that the dreams and possibilities  of unfashionable clubs are gone forever!!   ... 1967 v Barrow!! ... we stuffed them at home just a few weeks before ... they beat us at Swinton in the semi!!! ....  will we ever see those days again?  

But I will be there again enjoying the game and  lamenting what might have been!!  

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not this time.

Missing my first final at Wembley for quite a few years only ones I miss previously was when they took it on the road whilst Wembley was being rebuilt.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:44 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Not this time.

Will you be over to Frampton Marsh to watch Lincolnshires counter attraction instead BSJ ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

57 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Will you be over to Frampton Marsh to watch Lincolnshires counter attraction instead BSJ ?

They are very tempting GOR but I'm heading off for a brief trip to Spain for some alternatives - bustards to you!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

They are very tempting GOR but I'm heading off for a brief trip to Spain for some alternatives - bustards to you!

Bird Spotting in Spain ?.....Bustards and T its?...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, RPH said:

Bird Spotting in Spain ?.....Bustards and T its?...

Plenty of the latter in Yorkshire RPH, as I'm sure you know. 

Drifting a bit off-topic now, and it's watching, not spotting.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You won't find a Stilt Sandpiper there though BSJ. For PM's benefit, that's a long legged bird, with grey plumage and a shrill cry, that preys on invertebrates - bit like the ladies at Legends on grab a granny night. ;) Now back on topic .... hope Warrington get a hiding, I dislike them nearly as much as I dislike Leeds - must be something about the strip.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Trrriific game! As a neutral tho admittedly with the Catalan fans it had high drama, the result most of RL wanted and even a decent performance by the ref! All credit to Steve Mac for turning the tanker around and even Monsieur Guach smiled ?. Let’s hope the FRL use it to their advantage now....

Archived