He's wrong!

I hope Dave T is sitting down because my first sentence is ...... Marwan Koukash is wrong.

Now I know this may set off another anti - MK thread but it needs saying.

It may also become a Parky v expansion thread but that can't be helped.

RL has been limited for more or less the whole of its history for a number of reasons and the sport in the UK  can't break out of those limiting factors just with what it has in the North plus a couple of other places. If it could have it would have done so a long time ago.

That's what overseas clubs might bring though nothing is certain because TGG can make a pig's ear of owt.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Have you seen the replies to his tweets???

A majority are telling him to do one..

I pointed out to him that the number of CC final tickets sold to Catalans supporters who are flying over is about the same (probably more, actually) than Salford attract to home games.

Koukash subsequently blamed the wine and suggested he had a big net. He is to RL what Boris Johnson is to politics.

6 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Have you seen the replies to his tweets???

A majority are telling him to do one..

You know the sport is growing internationally when you have French Twitter users tweeting "you've got no fans" in French at Marwan.

2 hours ago, damp squib said:

You know the sport is growing internationally when you have French Twitter users tweeting "you've got no fans" in French at Marwan.

I can't wait for the Serbian Mr Angries.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

I realise I digress, but I don't think so. Parky has not been around for quite a while. 

Yes it was always a risk!

It's not MK though it's the idea that stopping TWP and TO anyone else for matter is the answer to spreading the word, raising awareness and or stopping the rot!

I'm not and have never been anti Marwan but it's the idea we should slag off or agree with!

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

It's not MK though it's the idea that stopping TWP and TO anyone else for matter is the answer to spreading the word, raising awareness and or stopping the rot!

I'm not and have never been anti Marwan but it's the idea we should slag off or agree with!

I was a big fan of Marwan at first but after his outbursts last year about Catalans and about how "the Toronto money should be spent in Cumbria" (which I have to assume is disingenuous since he's not an idiot) I lost all the respect I had for him. He's desperately trying to build some kind of constituency by out-flatcapping the flatcappers. What he doesn't realise though is that the "fans" he's courting are miserable nihilists who will turn their bitterness towards him in a heartbeat if it's convenient.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I think this is the mistake you have made with any criticism of MK Oxford, you seem to feel that any criticism means that people are anti-Marwan. 

I am happy to criticise MK, Lenegan, Moran, Hetherington, Carter - but I am not anti any of them, I appreciate that they are people working hard to make RL stronger - but that doesn;t make any of them above criticism or doesn't mean that I will blindly agree with them if they represent my club.

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think this is the mistake you have made with any criticism of MK Oxford, you seem to feel that any criticism means that people are anti-Marwan. 

I am happy to criticise MK, Lenegan, Moran, Hetherington, Carter - but I am not anti any of them, I appreciate that they are people working hard to make RL stronger - but that doesn;t make any of them above criticism or doesn't mean that I will blindly agree with them if they represent my club.

No Dave I just remember what happened and yes no one is above criticism but this idea is just plain wrong but may have some clout behind it for other reasons.

I'd just rather we talked about the ideas than the person. There's enough personal bashing on here to fill Wemberley 10 times over and still have a queue going past the statue.

There may be some who agree with it and that's okay.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

No Dave I just remember what happened and yes no one is above criticism but this idea is just plain wrong but may have some clout behind it for other reasons.

I'd just rather we talked about the ideas than the person. There's enough personal bashing on here to fill Wemberley 10 times over and still have a queue going past the statue.

There may be some who agree with it and that's okay.

Unfortunately there are plenty who agree with it.

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Unfortunately there are plenty who agree with it.

But agreeing with it isn't the problem but where it'll lead the sport.

The people in power who think this way need disabusing of the fact that we all agree with this if nothing else.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:36 PM, Mr Plow said:

Salford don't bring much to SL tbf

You see I think this is wrong I'm sure every team/club that gets into SL just bring something different to the party. I was also at Brutus the other day and the marketing and merchandising were up there with the best. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Salford don't have an academy, reserves and get low attendances. They're not producing any new players or bringing new people to the sport 

Oh, okay throw them out then!

They'll probably fold but they brought nothing anyway!

DrM may have an opinion, he is allowed to state one, .....but I find it beyond sad and not at all funny that he deliberately posts tweets to stir things up. Then brags that he's caught a few whoppers etc

The people he laughs at are genuine rugby league fans, who support the game and their clubs, and deserve respect. He is the equivalent of a drunken troll, and for someone who supposedly cares about rugby league, he has  a very weird way of showing it

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

11 minutes ago, amm said:

DrM may have an opinion, he is allowed to state one, .

Yes everyone is ....

11 minutes ago, amm said:

but I find it beyond sad and not at all funny that he deliberately posts tweets to stir things up. Then brags that he's caught a few whoppers etc

The people he laughs at are genuine rugby league fans, who support the game and their clubs, and deserve respect. He is the equivalent of a drunken troll, and for someone who supposedly cares about rugby league, he has  a very weird way of showing it

If so I totally agree.

I'm far more concerned that an idea, even one said as a joke, might gain momentum and become common currency.

Much like if they don't fit they don't belong in SL.

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

Yes everyone is ....

If so I totally agree.

I'm far more concerned that an idea, even one said as a joke, might gain momentum and become common currency.

Much like if they don't fit they don't belong in SL.

I think this is the problem. Trolling like he may be partaking in just brings out the genuine haters and gives them strength and credibility as they think they have genuine support from a prominent figure.

I don't think he realises that his attempts at humour are harmful to the game.

But, I suppose the red wine removes any filters.

The idea of “playing RL and you see Wigan, play RU and you see the world” comes to mind. Here’s a chance to place an attractive product in front of talented 14,15 year olds with the real ability to travel to Canada and France. Why wouldn’t you want that?

It’s funny how Elstone and the RFL say we need to attract more younger fans - but have they ever asked younger people what they look for?

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

But, I suppose the red wine removes any filters.

Well it tends to work for me that way but usually it convinces me I can dance!

Twitter has a lot to answer for in quite a few areas and I think it should be called Troller myself.

The real point is for the first time and probably ( very likely ) the last time our sport has a chance to break out of the limits we have put on ourselves as much as it has been done to us and kick on.

MK and red red wine are a side issue for mine and Twitter is only relevant to those who confuse small with big every moment.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Well it tends to work for me that way but usually it convinces me I can dance!

Twitter has a lot to answer for in quite a few areas and I think it should be called Troller myself.

The real point is for the first time and probably ( very likely ) the last time our sport has a chance to break out of the limits we have put on ourselves as much as it has been done to us and kick on.

MK and red red wine are a side issue for mine and Twitter is only relevant to those who confuse small with big every moment.

If one chooses to drink red wine there is every possibillity they could end up with an  headache, it seems to me those who choose to frequent Twitter, Facebook et al, do so just to either be nosey or find things to moan about and get frustrated, if the things one finds on there are so galling why frequent them.

I should imagine they have evolved into something quite grotesque from the original concept they were designed to perform, so often on these pages there is referance to "I saw on Twitter" it has got my back up, simple, to those who participate, leave it alone. 

That is not having a go at you personally Mr Oxford, it is just my take on of the facillities on offer.

PS can you send me the name of dancing transforming syrup please!

Archived