Major Recruitment

David Shepherd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use of the word "recruitment" rather than "signing" might suggest it's about someone in the current squadbeing retained.

If it's Ridyard that would cheer me up no end, as even though he's already actually under contract we all know that means little, especially in the current circumstances.

Whilst our track record in trumpeting "major" news over the years will make us all wary, it does give some hope we are going to hear something positive.

Etited to add: the club's Twitter feed has just announced this will be signing news.

Major signing? Military recruit perhaps? ???

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

20 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Is it necessarily a player?

New investor, new director etc?

There’s already a new director listed on companies house June 2018 

Im Fev and im proud

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Yep, Colm Corran.  

I'd like to know a bit more about him.  I've a feeling I sat next to him on the plane out to Toulouse, seemed like a decent bloke.

Apparently he did go to Toulouse, people I know who’ve spoken to him said he seemed a decent bloke, he also went to the summerbash 

Im Fev and im proud

Before we all get giddy about some major recruitment news . I think we have all been here before with ‘major news’ and all left scratching our heads wondering was that really major news. I suspect it’s just a good attempt to drum up a decent crowd tomorrow night . Which is not a bad marketing ploy . As regards major signings or indeed recruitment are we forgetting we’re leaking players like an old rusty bucket . While any new player is good news as long as there fighting for the club on the field . As with everything let’s wait and see what the featherstone roller coaster produces this time

4 minutes ago, Reddwarf said:

Before we all get giddy about some major recruitment news . I think we have all been here before with ‘major news’ and all left scratching our heads wondering was that really major news. I suspect it’s just a good attempt to drum up a decent crowd tomorrow night . Which is not a bad marketing ploy . As regards major signings or indeed recruitment are we forgetting we’re leaking players like an old rusty bucket . While any new player is good news as long as there fighting for the club on the field . As with everything let’s wait and see what the featherstone roller coaster produces this time

2 confirmed leavers is hardly leaking players like a rusty bucket!

49 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Yep, Colm Corran.  

I'd like to know a bit more about him.  I've a feeling I sat next to him on the plane out to Toulouse, seemed like a decent bloke.

He's registered at an address on the Isle of Man with occupation 'Consultant'. He also has a charge, dating from 2016,  against some of the land and buildings in return for providing loan facilities.

I hope the land charge is not long term. With planning 16 acres is worth around £15 million. I would sell 8 and lease the rest for continuing income. That way we have the money we need and a supplement to the gate money. Why we haven't don e something before I don't know. Perhaps this chap is holding us back with his charge?

9 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I hope the land charge is not long term. With planning 16 acres is worth around £15 million. I would sell 8 and lease the rest for continuing income. That way we have the money we need and a supplement to the gate money. Why we haven't don e something before I don't know. Perhaps this chap is holding us back with his charge?

If it is as easy as you suggest to generate income from the land, why haven't we done so for nearly 100 years? I'm sure that's what the club is working torwads, hence the charge to generate revenue funding for capital investment. These things take time however. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

If I remember rightly the NCB had control of its use when collieries  were still active. This precluded us from doing anything. It became ours when the pits shut down. I know that is a sketchy background but answers the question about our not doing anything in the distant past.

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

I would sell 8 and lease the rest for continuing income. That way we have the money we need and a supplement to the gate money. Why we haven't don e something before I don't know.

As this suggestion seems to feature in so many posts you make on here, why not go to the fans' forum tomorrow and ask, or if you can't make it, email the question in? Given our chairman is an astute and successful businessman there's probably a good reason why he hasn't followed your advice, but nobody from the club is going to answer you on here.

I’ve said before.. I’m hearing Hardman Thackeray Moore Carlisle brooks released couple that with hock Holmes .. that’s seven 

you would have to think they are trying to negotiate with ridyard .. so we will have to recruit n smartish 

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As this suggestion seems to feature in so many posts you make on here, why not go to the fans' forum tomorrow and ask, or if you can't make it, email the question in? Given our chairman is an astute and successful businessman there's probably a good reason why he hasn't followed your advice, but nobody from the club is going to answer you on here.

Probably wont be able to get there. I have done as you have suggested and e.mailed my query regarding the land.

1 hour ago, painkiller said:

I’ve said before.. I’m hearing Hardman Thackeray Moore Carlisle brooks released couple that with hock Holmes .. that’s seven 

you would have to think they are trying to negotiate with ridyard .. so we will have to recruit n smartish 

They can't have been released just yet or the club wouldn't be able to fulfil it's remaining fixtures.

Archived