As relegation looms

wayne_r

• 1 month later...

Sorry for you, tough for you that we had to be your last match, great support and volume from your supporters, thank you.

Always a pleasure coming to your place - (guess I cannot say Mount Pleasant) always good banter and honest opinions.

Swinton sadly have been poor all season and that's why we are bottom - I guess it will be Workington in our do or die encounter as I cannot see Workington beating Bradford...………..so the team does have one last chance to preserve its spot in the Championship…….but I think we will be renewing the local derby with Oldham next season - so that at least is something to look forward to...…..

5 hours ago, RogerT said:

Sorry for you, tough for you that we had to be your last match, great support and volume from your supporters, thank you.

Yes... hope you lot survive the drop this year.

It'll give your supporters additional choir practice time. They had the volume, but not necessarily the tunes.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

8 hours ago, wayne_r said:

Always a pleasure coming to your place - (guess I cannot say Mount Pleasant) always good banter and honest opinions.

Swinton sadly have been poor all season and that's why we are bottom - I guess it will be Workington in our do or die encounter as I cannot see Workington beating Bradford...………..so the team does have one last chance to preserve its spot in the Championship…….but I think we will be renewing the local derby with Oldham next season - so that at least is something to look forward to...…..

At least there's something to look forward too then. It's always good,us and yourselves.

We may yet not go down regardless of the result of the play off final.There is of course a very serious situation at Leigh where they could end up in liquidation especially given that one or two certain players will not tear up their contracts(their legal right it has to be said)which Leigh can Ill afford to pay them which if they go bump they will be torn up anyway by Mrs May and if they do go into liquidation then it is possible that Swinton could be given a bye or in my opinion at the very least be given the first invitation to remain in the division.

Personally I don’t want it to be that way and I hope sense wins the day at Leigh regarding those players who will not move on and that they can restructure their club within financially.

As far as Leigh are concerned, if they have to wind up the company they will follow the Bradford model where by the company was found up outside the normal season and then the new company was given the fixtures allocated to the old company - but of course with points deducted...…...I do not believe they would put Leigh into League 1.

I too think if we are to stay in the Championship it should be based on winning the play off game - I also hope Leigh can resolve their financial difficulties.

I know its not a game that Swinton particularly want, but does any1 have any idea what day/time the playoff game will be? Its likely to be grand final weekend which is terrible planning on behalf of those in charge, then there is the amateurishness of a 'coin toss'

I believe and I may well be wrong that the venue will be drawn - e.g. first team out of the hat will be at home, your playoff with Bradford is this Sunday and the relegation / promotion playoff game the following Sunday - although who's to say it will be against Workington :) 

2 hours ago, wayne_r said:

I believe and I may well be wrong that the venue will be drawn - e.g. first team out of the hat will be at home, your playoff with Bradford is this Sunday and the relegation / promotion playoff game the following Sunday - although who's to say it will be against Workington :) 

well hopefully its Swinton v Bradford in the playoff and you beat them....and we both end up in Champ next year! Drawing a venue for a final isn't great really....neutral ground would suffice - perhaps at Salford/Etihad campus the afternoon of the GF with a shared gate!

Archived