Rugby in the schools

TV exposure

Possible home games outside Toronto

Reaching new demographics

Pies

Training

Kicking conversions off streetcars

Quinn the Canadian

Everything you want to know about the Wolfpack and more from the back-office team and four players, at last night's free event for fans.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvJpakBRvMxE

yep i thought this was a great evening and one they should do on a regular basis..a lot of nice off the cuff commentary about future of Lamport (secure but tarted up with more food selection was my takeaway-all positive) and future direction of RL in Canada.

Only comment I'd make - they should have had comment cards on the table for forwarding to the panel moderator as the crowd size (120-150+?) preccluded a mike being circulated. 

Afterwards nice to chat to all the staff and players in a cocktail party setting. Got nice shots with Bob B and GazOB who are real gentlemen.  Chris O'Connor - very nice n smart guy..knows his RL!   Always impressed that David Argyle makes time to attend and greet everyone..table by table!

would highly recommend people make the time to attend - quite illuminating. 

Bob b.jpg

GOB.jpeg

There is one thing that I didn’t quite understand. The London thing. Why would TWP work to promote RL in London? The city has 2 clubs already, they had their chance in Super League in the past. If they are looking for a winter home base, they should look elsewhere in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, manu266 said:

There is one thing that I didn’t quite understand. The London thing. Why would TWP work to promote RL in London? The city has 2 clubs already, they had their chance in Super League in the past. If they are looking for a winter home base, they should look elsewhere in my opinion.

London has a massive Canadian expat population and its also a very key strategic location for the success of RL in the NH. Since the league isn't really up to NA standards he wants to bring London up to bring the games profile up so it meets min standards of Canadians =D

21 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Just echo what Krzzy has said, there is a large expat community in London that they have targeted the past two years. For me, it is great. 

i think Elstone has even mentioned that having a successful London team would be massive for the game. realistically having a successful London in a competition with French and NA teams should get corp sponsor interest, its the key to more money and media.

14 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

i think Elstone has even mentioned that having a successful London team would be massive for the game. realistically having a successful London in a competition with French and NA teams should get corp sponsor interest, its the key to more money and media.

Yeah, that I totally agree with. But that's the Broncos job. TWP can help them for sure, but if they add more games in London I don't think it's helping anyone. Just take a look at Broncos attendance, it's not brilliant. Although the TWP-Halifax attendance, that was never announced actually, should not scare them at all. But then whats the point of playing there?

The only interesting thing I see is using London as a European home base for a NA development team. That team would only play a handfull games in North America to reduce travel costs, so if by investing or even owning a team in London they mean using it to develop NA players, then splendid, and then it can also serve the Broncos to develop local players, as we don't have and probably will never have 25 NA players ready to step into League One.

I hate the whole London thing.  I don't mind earlier season games in North America (Atlanta, Jacksonville etc), but there already two teams in London.  I thought there were plans for more teams in NA, this could be used as a tool for that.

SL is in a galaxy far far far behind the NRL and more money in the game is needed, everyone knows that. A few deluded M62ers think that getting Nigels Lobby shop as a sponsor should be the goal but the smart ones know that London is required for the game to get more money, media exposure and respect. Londoners don't like northern things from what I've gathered on these forums but having Catalans and us in there would be interesting for them. Argyle is a rich man because he's a smart man. He's looking to getting London interested in RL to help ourselves and the sport overall. I believe there was some rumor a while ago that he might be looking to invest some cash into London as well. 

No one in NA is going to get another team into the RFL setup until they sort their "civil war' out, might even hold out until the 2021 structure is sorted. I'm all for Argyle helping grow the London market as it will benefit everyone and again could be a big factor in getting more NA franchises in. I don't care where the games are played as I won't be going to them if they are in Florida, London or Dubai, get them on TV and i'm fine. 

Archived