Fans' Forum 23rd August

hrtbps

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Steady player.... lacks a bit of pace bit has most other attributes. Bit over shadowedby briscoe's efforts this year

Really rated him attacking wise took a lot of work off the forwards, strong and good finisher, really gets caught out defensively though against better teams though, got caught out against fax twice, by simple hands along the line and he left his winger in the open.

6 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

My son spoke to Tagg a couple of weeks ago and he said he has had 3 offers from other Clubs but is un decided.

Sometimes it’s not about the money, some players just want to play week in week out others want to be in a club that’s going to challenge. Would like him to stay but sure he will make the right decision for him.

13 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

He’s been offered half the contract of last year and is weighing it up .

He's got the same agent as Wildie who's trying to pimp them out to the highest bidder, but they won't get anything like what they were on. Campbell is still leaving the door open for them, but on his terms. 

Does anyone know if Ridyard will stay, if offered a reduced contract? From his time at Leigh, loyalty was one of the many qualities he showed in nine years, but on a reduced contract, travelling over three/four times a week, might just lose its appeal. (especially as he lives about 200 yards from Leigh Sports Village!)

25 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Does anyone know if Ridyard will stay, if offered a reduced contract? From his time at Leigh, loyalty was one of the many qualities he showed in nine years, but on a reduced contract, travelling over three/four times a week, might just lose its appeal. (especially as he lives about 200 yards from Leigh Sports Village!)

This posted on the night of the Forum should be the answer to your question.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ridyard Davies Wheeldon and Walton all with the club next year!

3 hours ago, AlanE said:

What good would that be if you aren't able to play there next season?

10 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

What good would that be if you aren't able to play there next season?

I'm sure that common sense will prevail on that one PB. My question was part serious, part tongue-in-cheek. I believe Martyn was already contracted for next season. However, if he is offered reduced terms, he may think it's not worth the travelling.

44 minutes ago, AlanE said:

I'm sure that common sense will prevail on that one PB. My question was part serious, part tongue-in-cheek. I believe Martyn was already contracted for next season. However, if he is offered reduced terms, he may think it's not worth the travelling.

See Page 1 of this thread or 3 posts above this.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:39 PM, Monkeymagic22 said:

If we keep Ridyard, and these PNG signings come off, I’d say that it’s looking exciting for next season.

PNG players are fine until the cash goes on the table, then every Tom dick & Harry want a slice of the pie, agents, teams, families...wonder if it is the same ones we talked to, 

Can't see ridyard at next season, what's happening with that lad you got from Batley that is always injured uguia or whatever it is, walton, thackeray, Moore. 

Silly season is definitely here now

24 minutes ago, coolie said:

PNG players are fine until the cash goes on the table, then every Tom dick & Harry want a slice of the pie, agents, teams, families...wonder if it is the same ones we talked to, 

Can't see ridyard at next season, what's happening with that lad you got from Batley that is always injured uguia or whatever it is, walton, thackeray, Moore. 

Silly season is definitely here now

Ridyard's confirmed as staying, as is Walton.

Ulugia's been released, possibly won't play again due to injuries.

Moore has confirmed he's leaving, possibly to Hunslet.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:25 PM, graham fisher said:

Heard from a good source that Carlisle is going to York. Wildie as had a good offer from Bulls. Don’t you just love this time of the year ?

You have more sources than Heinz, Graham! 

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

Archived