Workington away.

spanishknight

14 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

You lot brought about 4 to York. Ironic as there’ll have been the same amount of fingers on the visiting fans there as points scored in the game. At least it meant you could keep count. 

Are you ###### ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done York today, a fantastic match played in the right spirt hard and fair, great support from you guys and all the best for the title, your coach is a credit to you came came over and shook our hands and was a proper gentleman, well done and good luck, you have all made a lot of friends. 

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Well done knights I'm sure all us Townies would prefer you to win the league rather than the Bulls. I can't believe the poor turnout from your fans it was very disappointing for a team who are well supported at home, must have been 100 tops.

Give me your address and ill send you an abacus.

Thanks Unicorn. You should be proud of Town’s performance today. They played well and were particularly tough in the forwards and caused us some problems. Good luck in the play offs and if you draw the Bulls, make it three out of three.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Just now, spanishknight said:

Hes not played for a while, been injured.

Still want him..he can join the rest of our walking wounded. Did you boys see the Mason Caton-Brown try?

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

River Derwent right next to the ground but you wouldn't know that because like the majority of your fans you couldn't get your ***** off the sofa.

Give it a rest mate, they brought plenty. There’s always one I suppose eh. 

Thats as good as you’ll get between 2 top teams, played in the right way with so much respect between the clubs and fans. To see your coach giving words of encouragement in the town huddle was fantastic at the end .york edged it with the 2 breakaways but it could have easily been the other way and I don’t think anyone could have argued. Maybe them lot from odsal should take note from 2 class acts. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

One of those matches I'd like to watch again, as always think the ref decisions will have evened out. A few Town fans unhappy with his performance, that's to be expected after a close defeat. But on the flip side....

We took in Windermere and Keswick, we hoped to get up to Ulverston to the Laurel and Hardy museum (that's another fine mess your chilling words have gotten yourself into, Uncle John Kear!) but ran out of time. Imagine my surprise/delight when 2 Workington players decided to re-enact the slapstick duos performance, and one tripped over the other as he played the ball only to be awarded with a penalty for interference. 

As I say, these things even out!

5 minutes ago, wonky said:

Give it a rest mate, they brought plenty. There’s always one I suppose eh. 

Thats as good as you’ll get between 2 top teams, played in the right way with so much respect between the clubs and fans. To see your coach giving words of encouragement in the town huddle was fantastic at the end .york edged it with the 2 breakaways but it could have easily been the other way and I don’t think anyone could have argued. Maybe them lot from odsal should take note from 2 class acts. 

One thing I'll add Wonky without turning this into a Bulls bashing contest is James Ford will no doubt quite rightly praise your performance, which is more than you'll have received after your Odsal win the other week.

Brilliant match today, well done to worky who could well have come out on top but for the odd bounce of the ball or blast of the whistle. It's as good a worky team as ive seen in a while n here's hoping the two promotion winners played each other today. the ref was his usual eccentric self, fish n chips were excellent, all in all a grand day out!

Come on ye kneets!

Official attendance 1,623. Given around one third of the main seating area was made up of Knights  fans, there were around 400 or so opposite, around 300 in the enclosure, a Knights Army of around 300 would seem reasonable. Very noisy, especially cheering the players off at the end.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

16 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Thanks to Andy acko for a nail biting experience, sounded a good game by both sides, looking forward to watching live again against Oldham.

Well done the knights 3 games to win and the title is ours , no pressure then.

Up the title chasing kneets???

Never in doubt !  ?

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Is Batchelor naturally a centre or back row . Certainly had some toe 

Good question, I think he will have to bulk up a bit to fulfill his potential as a top back rower when he moves to saints, the pace is then a bonus.

Archived