Belgrade apply to enter 2019 Challenge Cup

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two hostel films were rough! The bit with the women in the jacuzzi tho .... that could be good ??

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

16 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Guardian now reporting they will start in Third Round alongside League 1 clubs, and will play away from home.

Seems a bit ambitious, but I guess we will see if they are up to scratch.

BBC reporting that a 3rd round entry along with League 1 clubs is likely, no mention of whether the game would be played in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45698828

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Hopefully the novelty value will generate some much needed headlines in the UK mainstream media for the Challenge Cup.

Given the historical nature and the publicity, maybe Red Star Belgrade’s game will get a BBC Red Button airing.

Their soccer club counterparts have made it back into the big time of Champions League group action and will be playing Liverpool soon both home and away.

7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Hopefully the novelty value will generate some much needed headlines in the UK mainstream media for the Challenge Cup.

Given the historical nature and the publicity, maybe Red Star Belgrade’s game will get a BBC Red Button airing.

I would say it has to happen, as they can hopefully get a Serbian broadcaster on board sharing the footage but with their own local language commentary team.

Let me think...

https://www.tvarenasport.com/

Given they show Serbian league football (featuring Red Star) and Adriatic League basketball (featuring Red Star), the chance to make some history with the first big time RL TV broadcast in Serbia would sound like a good opportunity, no?

Belgrade? Never heard of it, and i've been the length of breadth of the M62 hundreds of times. What junction number is it?

It better not be in bloody Cumberland. I'm not going there again. That Lake District is just a poor man's Pennines

Archived