catalans arrive back home

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think they are in the town square tonight from 6pm (local time). Should be some great footage to see later I would imagine.

Yeah .... it's come home you know!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

I think they are in the town square tonight from 6pm (local time). Should be some great footage to see later I would imagine.

That bit appears to be jointly organised by the town and departmental councils.  Then it is back to the SGB for a free-entry BBQ and bar, with the players present.

Health warning - all that info is subject to my not very skilful French translation!

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Going to be a great place to be. Let's hope you're right.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Some former players being announced, like Pascal Jampy and Jamal Fakir.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This bit, at least is appropriate, if you consider some of the lyrics of 'We are the Champions' as sung/rasped by Greg Bird.

Shambolic but passionate.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Jesus Steve McNamara wasn't lying about his Hull-accented French....

Well, some people find English spoken with a French accent sexy, so who knows?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just ended up watching that whole video even though I can understand about two words of french just because it was fantastic to watch!  And then I realised I was watching it on my mobile data... at work... For half an hour... And now I'm wasting more time writing this... Christ sake, do some work!! 

18 hours ago, damp squib said:

Jesus Steve McNamara wasn't lying about his Hull-accented French....

A la Ted Heath and Officer Crabtree.??

Certainly a lot of dickie tickers must have been wavering in the last dix minutes.

Archived