Sheffield away.

graham fisher

29 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Bloody hell where is everybody? At least someone come on and say I’m talking sh ite  ,again ??

Probably a mix of holiday season, no game for a week and maybe just unadulterated complacency from what is almost certainly certain survival for us now..

Add in also the fact that its basically impossible to predict how we night perform from one week to the next never mind against Sheffield.  For years I just assumed we'd lose against them cos we always did..Bit more uncertain these days but I'm guessing we will struggle to get the points at their gaff..

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

lets be right its a dump. ###### ground paying ridiculous prices to stand round a field. ###### beer, portable toilets, They deserve to be in the  conference  league. 

Their new  ground is going to be ready maybe at the back end of next year, so they'll need a shiny new team to go in it in 2020. Sounds like  they have high hopes for the coming season, and reading between the lines, a decent team. If they only have a handful of supporters, it's going to make their season tickets expensive.:rolleyes: 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Their new  ground is going to be ready maybe at the back end of next year, so they'll need a shiny new team to go in it in 2020. Sounds like  they have high hopes for the coming season, and reading between the lines, a decent team. If they only have a handful of supporters, it's going to make their season tickets expensive.:rolleyes: 

Apparently they are changing their name next season to Sheffield bulldogs ?

4 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

lets be right its a dump. ###### ground paying ridiculous prices to stand round a field. ###### beer, portable toilets, They deserve to be in the  conference  league. 

I think your right Tranquiliser but I always look forward to my trip to the Tetley Stadium ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Stop sitting on the fence, tell us what you really think! ?

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

No idea what our team will be, but I think with Sheffield being at home, they will win and by a greater margin than that hot Sunday lunchtime game in the nearly forgotten summer. 

Sheffield 30-16 Dewsbury 

FTS: Brown

MoM: Sykes

Att: 538

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Can't see nothing but a defeat, never a happy hunting ground for us, fingers crossed Sheffield will be weakened by saints playing tonight too, and our focus will be on barrow next week as one win will see us home and over the line on another difficult season. With the threat of 3 up this season and one down the championship will be the hardest ever and just think if Toronto don't go up the thought of a division containing

Dewsbury 

Batley

Halifax

Leigh

London 

Toulouse

Toronto 

Sheffield 

Swinton/Rochdale

Bradford 

York

Workington 

Barrow

Featherstone 

That's scary stuff and only a matter of time before the spectre of relegation comes knocking once more unless we don't pull our socks up. 

Sheffield 34 Dewsbury 18

Match summary 

Spirited performance my the Ram's but Sheffield notched up another gear to steal the game away in the last 20 minutes. 

Att 325

Man of the match Cory Aston.. Again ;)

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Can't see nothing but a defeat, never a happy hunting ground for us, fingers crossed Sheffield will be weakened by saints playing tonight too, and our focus will be on barrow next week as one win will see us home and over the line on another difficult season. With the threat of 3 up this season and one down the championship will be the hardest ever and just think if Toronto don't go up the thought of a division containing

Dewsbury 

Batley

Halifax

Leigh

London 

Toulouse

Toronto 

Sheffield 

Swinton/Rochdale

Bradford 

York

Workington 

Barrow

Featherstone 

That's scary stuff and only a matter of time before the spectre of relegation comes knocking once more unless we don't pull our socks up. 

Sheffield 34 Dewsbury 18

Match summary 

Spirited performance my the Ram's but Sheffield notched up another gear to steal the game away in the last 20 minutes. 

Att 325

Man of the match Cory Aston.. Again ;)

You know, I think you could be right about the last 20 minutes. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 8/29/2018 at 12:10 PM, graham fisher said:

Bloody hell where is everybody? At least someone come on and say I’m talking sh ite  ,again ??

Some of us are just back on dry land, but I'll be there providing furrher proof of the continuous victory of hope over experience.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived