2 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Don't let today's Bulls score mislead you.

I have enjoyed this season in League 1, but I came away today thinking "Good grief, have we really got this bad?"

What a terrible game. Stop start, shocking bad handling; we only put about five handling moves together in an hour against 12 men. Even then we didn't keep spreading the passes to stretch a depleted defence.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s now a fraction over thirteen months since Skolars won an away game at somewhere further north of Coventry, when they beat North Wales Crusaders. Away form for Skolars is notoriously poor and losing so many home games this year has been a real disappointment, as that’s their strength. 

It could be so different on both fronts if fitness and composure existed at the club. 

Agree. This season is one to forget. Things could have been different as you say but there we go. 

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Scored the first today and made a break from his own in goal, spinning out of a couple of tackles racing fifty metres before handing on to Jack Sanderson to complete a hundred metre plus try. He’s box office at this level. What appeared to be a fairly innocuous game from the stands erupted after seventy minutes when an altercation at a Donny PTB saw a Thunder player throw several punches which led to him being sent off and a lot of words crossing the gap between the two sets of players.

Hakim does have quite a penchant for being involved in the spectacular..

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

10 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Hunslet and Donny have suddenly woken up and looking at the remaining fixtures it could be 3rd Donny . 4th Hunslet , 5th Workington 

We’re hardly looking half asleep at present are we ?

On 9/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, FearNothing said:

I have to say, it was a good day for Cru today. We bombed several more chances and missed 3 conversions, and our defence was good....however......

I've got to say hats off to WWR, tried really hard, and threatened our line plenty in the second half. There is the makings of a good team down there, and hopefully next season, with the addition of the coach and a few more players, will see West Wales having a much better crack at it :)

On 9/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Fully agree - I felt that the Raiders suffered from what's quite a regular problem in this division, too small a pack. If their new coach brings a few competent big forwards with him they could start going places (please!so long as it's not at our expense). To round off, nice weather but the gate was only 276, probably not helped by it being the last day of the school holidays and a not overwhelmingly exciting opposition.

I was worried about this from Friday night.Once Warrington,Wigan Warriors and Wakefield won,the hat trick was gone.

I checked the tea leaves.Yorkshire tea!

Whenever the day is good,outside of the 80 minutes on the pitch,I worry.

The train trip there,changing at Craven Arms,was as good as the Scottish Highlands and the west coast of Scotland.

http://www.heart-of-wales.co.uk/

We did have captain Morgan Evans back after a long lay off.Dalty only returned at the last game.

Well impressed with the Crusaders supporters giving more than generous applause to the West Wales Raiders players.

It seems people are more impressed with them than I am.

Lacking in teamwork,and any threat in the opposition 10.

240 minutes to go.

We can still equal,if not better,2017,by South Wales Ironmen,and their single victory. 

2019 will be better.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

18 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

We did have captain Morgan Evans back after a long lay off.Dalty only returned at the last game.

Well impressed with the Crusaders supporters giving more than generous applause to the West Wales Raiders players.

It seems people are more impressed with them than I am.

Lacking in teamwork,and any threat in the opposition 10.

We're a nice lot up here :)

Seriously, though.... your pack is bigger than ours (in fairness, everyone's pack is bigger than ours) and they performed quite well as individuals. Yes, some more emphasis on teamwork would help. Your backs I think were pretty anonymous bar a few nice attempts at chp'n'chase, grubbers, etc. but other than that work is needed....

...but keep the faith, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was any team...

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 9/2/2018 at 10:49 PM, Anonymouse said:

Hunslet and Donny have suddenly woken up and looking at the remaining fixtures it could be 3rd Donny . 4th Hunslet , 5th Workington 

On 9/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, DavidM said:

We’re hardly looking half asleep at present are we ?

I'll stick with my prediction DavidM .

Archived