PREVIEW | Bower pleased with Dons run

Dons News

Connor Bower has enjoyed being back involved with the Dons in recent weeks after returning from injury.

The centre has scored three tries in two games in wins against Coventry and Whitehaven respectively, and says the Dons are in a good place with four league games remaining.

He said: “It’s always much easier to come into a winning team, the confidence is flowing and I knew my performances had to be good.

“We’ve got a lot of good players who push each other, luckily for me I’ve come back into the team when we’re on a good run.

“If I can prove to Rich that I’m turning up every week and giving everything then he knows I’m capable of doing a job.”

The Dons face Newcastle Thunder this weekend after a break between games in Betfred League One, and Bower believes the squad are ready to kick on once again.

He added: “We’re really optimistic about what we could achieve this season, if we keep with the right mentality then we won’t go far wrong.

“The break came at a good time and allowed us to rest up, Whitehaven was a tough trip and a long weekend so we welcomed the break.

“The form we’re in we had probably earnt a bit of time off so we used it wisely, it will keep us fresh because we all know what is on offer in the final few games.”

Tickets for the game against Newcastle are available from the Club Doncaster Box Office, on 01302 762576 or at tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk

View the full article

Archived