Duffy wants Leigh job?

Blue Pike

50 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

There's some darlins on the rugby league banter page. One called Lee Martin.....who's been aggressively championing the twp cause..... he's been vile at times.

sent me a message at 4 in the morning instructing me to accept Jesus in to my life before i die....then blocked me!!!??

And have you?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'Duffy for Leigh' rumour is kicking off, over our side of the hill (the right side that is!) again. I've always found him a great guy, but never had him down as being so philanthropic, to do a job for nowt, with no players!

Still, I hope he comes back 'home'!

2 hours ago, AlanE said:

The 'Duffy for Leigh' rumour is kicking off, over our side of the hill (the right side that is!) again. I've always found him a great guy, but never had him down as being so philanthropic, to do a job for nowt, with no players!

Still, I hope he comes back 'home'!

You are probably getting Rowley back. Then everybody can hate you again Alan???

Ok, from League Weekly this evening...there's a story entitled "Duffy gets backing"  which says "Featherstone Rovers chairman Mark Campbell reckons John Duffy will be a better coach for his experiences in the 2018 campaign".

It goes on: "Campbell said: Would I back John to come back stronger next year? Yes I would".

"This year was always going to be hard and I believe John Duffy is a good coach who will get us there or thereabouts next season."

Hopefully another rumour put to bed.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, Phil Loxton said:

You are probably getting Rowley back. Then everybody can hate you again Alan???

Nice one Phil!

Personally, I don't like the guy, but he was a better coach than anyone we have had since. He also built a competitive team out of absolutely nothing, when we were in a parlous situation a few seasons ago. Right now, I'd take him back - rather the most hated team than the most pitied one! Anyway, our current owner hasn't exactly turned us into the most liked club, has he?!

20 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Rumour still going pretty strong round leigh, fev of them recon theyve offered him offer he cant refuse and will be revealed as there new coach beggining of december. Hopefully bull, would be massive set back for us.

Well pre-season training starts tonight, and we don't have Duffy's brother any more, anyone fancy popping down and seeing if it's Duffy or MC himself that's putting them through their paces? ?

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well pre-season training starts tonight, and we don't have Duffy's brother any more, anyone fancy popping down and seeing if it's Duffy or MC himself that's putting them through their paces? ?

I reckon Hardman is being lined up for the job.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Neither of them ???

Im Fev and im proud

Archived