Duffy wants Leigh job?

Blue Pike

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the injuries to Ridyard and Holmes the squad Duffy had at his disposal was still more than capable of getting in the top four. We should have beaten Halifax at the Bash, London at home and then there was the terrible performance at Halifax. For me if he did go it's not a great loss.

I assume that we've never actually agreed a contract with Duffy then, given the clause about failing to get top 4 in his extention. After this amount of time, I'd hope that we had a plan b, especially given we haven't announced any other coaching staff to replace those who left. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

If he's even considering the Leigh job he must have assurances that it's not all going to go **** up for them next year. Listening to the doom and gloom coming from their fans it seems most of them would be suprised if they're still in existence come February.

1 minute ago, painkiller said:

I’m hearing Paul Anderson is keen on Fev job

Which one? Hopefully not the gibby one from Leigh! 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

The club needs to react swiftly to get new coaching staff in and have a structure and plan in place for pre season. Can only imagine what the players especially the new ones were thinking last night turning up with a threadbare squad and no coaches. We definitely need more new players too, a squad of 20 including 3 who won’t get here until January at the earliest is ridiculous. Has nothing been learnt from last season about squad depth? 

10 minutes ago, fevtom said:

If he's even considering the Leigh job he must have assurances that it's not all going to go **** up for them next year. Listening to the doom and gloom coming from their fans it seems most of them would be suprised if they're still in existence come February.

Leigh is a small compact town in which RL is the topic of choice still, probably same in Fev, only a few are serious doom and gloom - most simply are impatient for information. 2 things may have happened 1) a deal was reached with the 2 or 2) we have entered admin with a pre-pack approved by RFL. Most debt is to Derek (95%+) so he controls the process fully hence things could change quickly in this game of poker. The drums are talking of some great recruitment agreed in principle with a pretty competitive squad next year to challenge T5. Duffy was hounded out of LSV by a previous coach, he was doing a great job with academy/reserves at the time

What a weird situation. Duffy really thinks he has better opportunities at Leigh rather than Fev? Is the situation at Fev worse than people first thought or is this maybe still part of the fallout over Griffin? Or has he just been made assurances at Leigh that gives them better prospects than Fev? There are simply not the players available for Leigh to be in anything other than a relegation scrap next season unless he fancies taking half the Fev squad with him, and you wouldnt put that past Duffy, so there must be something going on at Leigh to make that jump. 

One thing is for sure though MC will want a "name" to fill the void but Im not sure the names available are what Fev will need.

Morning Craig odd cock. Hope all is good.

I'm not saying the situation at Leigh isn't perilous, but you know things aren't always how they seem. Derek holds all the cards and one huge ego. I suspect he's engaging in a game of brinkmanship with the 2 players holding out for their payments.

Leigh won't have the squad next year that they've had for the last few seasons but i still expect them to be competitive.

I don't know how much textgate and the griffin saga muddied the waters or what Duffys relationship is with Campbell after failing to get a top four finish.

Fev's finances were recently spelled out at the egm and it wasn't good reading or listening according to those present.

We can all speculate why JD has gone but it'll achieve nowt.

I'm a miserable b'stard at the best of times and I'm not that optimistic about my clubs immediate and medium term future. I believe our challenges to the top four will be limited for a while. But I do hold my hands up and concede there are many.... incl those using this forum who know so much more about the game than I and concede that I talk blocks at times.

I have an uneasy feeling. It's probably that mutton curry 

I think Fev will have a far stronger squad that Leigh next year.

Been expecting Duffy to go since the big fall out with him Campbell and Griffin........was always nailed on when he failed to get into the top 4.

As for a replacement..........with our flourishing relationship with the Rhinos how about James Lowes on DR ?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

8 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I think Fev will have a far stronger squad that Leigh next year.

Been expecting Duffy to go since the big fall out with him Campbell and Griffin........was always nailed on when he failed to get into the top 4.

As for a replacement..........with our flourishing relationship with the Rhinos how about James Lowes on DR ?

James Lowes i put his name up for coach after Powell and Bastian left.After over 60 years watching the game how could i have been so stupid?.But again i don't have to try very hard.Don't blame Duffy for wanting a job nearer home it's a fair trek over the Hill three times a week for training and games.

10 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Are we bothered if Duffy goes?

We had the most expensive squad in our history last year, I expected so much more.

Anyway, he's from the wrong side of the hill and talks funny, so boooger it.

As for being anywhere near irreplaceable no, but as for the timing?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's all part of a (new) master plan..........

Alright saying let him go and replace him, players started pre season yesterday and they are a very unhappy small group of blokes by the sounds of it. Been told Duffy not even had contract offer in writing off fev, had no say in recruitment  but 3 year deal on table from Leigh on his door step, if we wanted rid, should have been gone end of last season, with a replacement there to take over yesterdays 1st pre season session. Sounds a bit of a circus at the minute.

Some very unhappy players & fans around at the minute, seems like Campbell & Beaumont are cut form the same cloth and Fev are in a mess behind the scenes aswell.

Id expect Ridyard & Duffy to leave, Campbell has said they can go, Ridyard being offered around all the top end Champ clubs.

Campbell unsure wether he's in the York or Fev camp and its causing issues with money

Heard Leigh have a load of players lined up from the end of November onwards.

PNG lads only due in Feb 2019 and 50/50 on wether they will even come.

Rugby League is a basket case at the minute.

18 minutes ago, binosh said:

Some very unhappy players & fans around at the minute, seems like Campbell & Beaumont are cut form the same cloth and Fev are in a mess behind the scenes aswell.

Id expect Ridyard & Duffy to leave, Campbell has said they can go, Ridyard being offered around all the top end Champ clubs.

Campbell unsure wether he's in the York or Fev camp and its causing issues with money

Boas brothers are coming January definitely.

1 hour ago, binosh said:

Thats cheered me up no end.

Archived