OurLeague streaming League One Live

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Starting this weekend.

http://www.rugby-league.com/championship__league_1/article/53301/our-league-streaming-schedule-for-betfred-league-

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but seems positive!

Wonderful stuff! Great news really

This is great except for one thing. When I initially registered I was asked to validate my membership via an email that was sent to me. The only problem is I never received an email. They ask me to resend my email if the original one didn't arrive but still I never received an email. I gave up in the end.

rldfsignature.jpg

10 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Do they have an app for Smart TV yet? Don't really want to watch it on my phone!

Doesn't look like it, but a Smart TV should have a web browser which you can use to log in and watch. Or you may be able to cast the stream to the TV.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You win . That didn’t take long 

Haha well it is a valid point. Also jesting aside fair play to the RFL for doing it and getting some League 1 rugby some airtime. Even as a Bulls fan its easy to see York have been the most cohesive side to watch this year. Plus Workington have had a great season and are a force at home. Can see why they have chosen to do it

5 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Haha well it is a valid point. Also jesting aside fair play to the RFL for doing it and getting some League 1 rugby some airtime. Even as a Bulls fan its easy to see York have been the most cohesive side to watch this year. Plus Workington have had a great season and are a force at home. Can see why they have chosen to do it

We haven’t chosen to do anything . It’s a new RFL initiative it seems and one I hope becomes a regular feature past this season to increase exposure of the league in general from a central source .

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We haven’t chosen to do anything . It’s a new RFL initiative it seems and one I hope becomes a regular feature past this season to increase exposure 

Im guessing by we you mean York. When I said can see why they have chosen to do it, I was referring to my first comment saying fair play to the RFL for doing it

It is excellent news, and I hope this is just a taster for at least one match per week over the whole season to be streamed next year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Doesn't look like it, but a Smart TV should have a web browser which you can use to log in and watch. Or you may be able to cast the stream to the TV.

Well if streaming is the future, they need to get OurLeague on Smart TVs and get some content in there. If they build up a big enough free subscription base, they can start adding premium content with greater effect.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

The live streaming of Bulls games this season (other than at Town, who banned it) has been absolutely excellent. Great to see the approach being taken up on a wider scale - I suspect it will go down reallly well. I would very much urge supporters of clubs in the higher leagues to take the opportunity of watching some of the L1 games - especially those involving teams like the match being streamed. I suspect more than a few might be a bit surprised at just how entertaining they are.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

8 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I wonder if the commentators will be neutral or as biased as the clowns who commentate on the Bradford games? Them 2 are shocking and embarrass themselves every game

I suspect most folk who have watched the live streams will say you are talking bolloques?  Personally, I have been impressed with the objectivity - even if Mick was telling us things about our lot we would rather not hear.

And, given that the streaming is a BRADFORD initiative, even if the commentators WERE partisan, so bloody what? If you want impartial commentary, go pay for it yourself!  Although I note that most supporters of opposition teams have expressed surprise at the objectivity of the commentary, and at how clued up the commentary was about the players of the opposition team.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

13 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

There's probably more on this game than the one against Bradford earlier in the season, so why aren't Workington afraid of losing punters now?

Seems a bit inconsistent.

In fairness this now sounds like a joined up approach from the league, who knows, they may have even agreed compensation for televised games - rather than one club wanting to pitch up with their camera and broadcast away games to their fans.

Either way, this is a good solution, and I expect the Bulls taking the lead on this has shown that there is a market.

I don't see the confusion:

Scenario 1 - Game streamed by the Bulls, with no potential revenue to Workington, with one-eyed Bulls commentary and presentation.

Scenario 2 - Game streamed by the league, with potential compensation / revenue for Workington, with impartial commentary / presentation.

Anyway, this is a really good development and the most interesting thing to emerge on Our League yet.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I wonder if the commentators will be neutral or as biased as the clowns who commentate on the Bradford games? Them 2 are shocking and embarrass themselves every game

Depends if James Ford is doing it , otherwise I’d say not .

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Depends if James Ford is doing it , otherwise I’d say not .

His brother Brad is really biased.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived