France - Autumn internationals

France squad for a very busy end of season itinerary!  Unsure of the sequence of games.  

Going to be interesting to see how they go.

Lucas Albert, Jasion Baitieri, Julian Bousquet, Rémi Casty, Alrix Da Costa, Benjamin Garcia, Tony Gigot, Mickael Goudemand, Benjamin Jullien (Catalans)

Bastien Ader, William Barthau, Clément Boyer, Bastien Canet, Rhys Curran, Paul Marcon, Gavin Marguerite, Anthony Marion, Tony Maurel, Justin Sangaré (Toulouse)

Morgan Escaré, Romain Navarrete (Wigan Warriors) Théo Fages (St Helens) Ilias Bergal (Leigh Centurions), Bastien Escamilla (AS Carcassonne), Valentin Yesa, Thomas Lasvesnes (Limoux), Joris Bissière (Avignon), William Ousty (Albi

15 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Who are they even playing?

Wed 17 Oct, one off test v England away, at Leigh, kick off 19.45

Then 3 games in the 2018 European Championship, a 4 team round robin comp in which they play each other once and the table toppers take the title. Also doubles as World Cup Qualifying, top 2 qualify, the other 2 will have to try again in another qualifying phase next year.

I've not yet seen precise dates, venues and kick off times of France fixtures in that comp, but what i do know is:

Weekend of 26-28 Oct v Wales at home

Weekend of 2-4 Nov v Ireland away

Weekend of 9-11 Nov v Scotland away

They were also initially scheduled to play a one off test at home to New Zealand the following weekend but latest reports suggest that's no longer happening.

1 hour ago, Yakkers said:

Then 3 games in the 2018 European Championship, a 4 team round robin comp in which they play each other once and the table toppers take the title. Also doubles as World Cup Qualifying, top 2 qualify, the other 2 will have to try again in another qualifying phase next year.

I've not yet seen precise dates, venues and kick off times of France fixtures in that comp, but what i do know is:

They were also initially scheduled to play a one off test at home to New Zealand the following weekend but latest reports suggest that's no longer happening.

Yes, thanks for that.  LRL had the dates all mixed up.  Barring England, and with respect, those games v Wales etc would stand them in good stead v NZ.  I hope that fixture goes ahead, unless the NRL deem GIlbert Brutus stade to high in altitude.

4 hours ago, Yakkers said:

Why would you need precise dates, it’s only 2 months away ?

10 hours ago, Yakkers said:

Two months from now, and no dates or venues announced yet let alone ticket information.  Incredibly small time.?

5 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Two months from now, and no dates or venues announced yet let alone ticket information.  Incredibly small time.?

Indeed, it would help to finalise these things earlier.

The only fixture in that tournament with a confirmed date, venue and kick off time that i've seen is Scotland v Wales. That's on Friday 2 November, 19.30 kick off, at Netherdale in Galashiels

4 hours ago, Yakkers said:

Indeed, it would help to finalise these things earlier.

The only fixture in that tournament with a confirmed date, venue and kick off time that i've seen is Scotland v Wales. That's on Friday 2 November, 19.30 kick off, at Netherdale in Galashiels

It's a World Cup Qualifying tournament, everything should be announced well in advance if they want crowds to support these fledgling nations so they can get some money in and boost their finances.  At this rate they'll likely get tiny crowds for these matches again.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

One omission I'm surprised at is Michel Simon.  Impressed this season, put some hard work, is a bit lighter and it shows in his game.  SMc will be chuffed he's not playing mind.

I assume you're meaning Mickaël Simon. I was surprised by his omission too and enquired about it in another thread where Audois informed me he has retired from internationals.

Shame that, he'd only be 34 by the next World Cup so it's not unrealistic to think he might still be in their strongest 17 by then. I hope he might be persuaded in to a change of heart at a later date.

1 hour ago, Yakkers said:

I assume you're meaning Mickaël Simon. I was surprised by his omission too and enquired about it in another thread where Audois informed me he has retired from internationals.

Shame that, he'd only be 34 by the next World Cup so it's not unrealistic to think he might still be in their strongest 17 by then. I hope he might be persuaded in to a change of heart at a later date.

Yes, remiss of me.  Been at the heart of the Cats revival and like yourself hope he rethinks.  

23 hours ago, Big Picture said:

It's a World Cup Qualifying tournament, everything should be announced well in advance if they want crowds to support these fledgling nations so they can get some money in and boost their finances.  At this rate they'll likely get tiny crowds for these matches again.

Apparently Nige is off sick with a bad back. That's why his high profile appearances in the media have been absent recently ?

Archived