Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Sunday 2nd September 2018

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This all stems from mis management at the top in my opinion. The squad was never big enough so start with, add injuries to that and releasing players due to gambling all in on the top 4 and here we have it. The reliance on the Rhinos to bump up the numbers only gets you so far as seen now. Numerous occasions this season we’d have struggled to put 17 Rovers players on the pitch. It’s time for Mr Campbell to move on, thanks for your great woark but I think there needs to be a fresh approach. Build again with a reserve squad especially for occasions like today. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Why on earth can’t they take four players on loan from Fev Lions or some other Amateur Club ??

Because we're past the signing deadline for registering new players. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

15 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Because we're past the signing deadline for registering new players. 

Thanks for that.I genuinely didn’t know so in hindsight this should have been done earlier like Leigh did.If I was an amateur player I would be chomping on the bit to have a chance of playing for my home Team.

2 hours ago, ROVERS FOREVER said:

Well, today is going to be difficult to watch. 14 players. No forwards to interchange. Walk over. 50+ for Leigh today. 

50?  at least got on the scoreboard which wasn't even working ? 

well done!!

superb result in the circumstances ..really pleased for you boys after a tough couple of weeks.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

3 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Obviously didn't see the game, but what a win. What were Leigh like?

Obviously lost a few (haven't we all) No spark in the middle. Reynolds quiet.

Leigh fans near us said too many not trying / not turned up?

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Whatever is said I feel we should give the 14 that played the highest plaudits. Davis at centre was a revelation. Great tackles by Hardman and Misi played his socks off. All in all no matter how Leigh played we did wonderfully well in the circumstances.

22 minutes ago, PonteBlue said:

Obviously lost a few (haven't we all) No spark in the middle. Reynolds quiet.

Leigh fans near us said too many not trying / not turned up?

Leigh did try but Rovers tackled for their lives, another win to live long in the memory! 

Archived