Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Sunday 2nd September 2018

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I just can't be ar sed 

If the club want fans through the turnstile, a great place to start would be getting a full team together.

I know we have injuries. But we have had months to bolster the squad and done nothing.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if fewer than 1500 turned up to watch the omnishambles that is Featherstone Rovers RLFC, 2018

I won't be one of them.

Your loss from one true rover thru and thru

What a superb performance by the 14 , most of the players were dead on their feet at the end, but today they played their ,hearts out.The ovation at he end was something else. Well done the 14

Leigh were playing for home advantage and to say they didn't try was an insult. That defensive display from Fev today was the best I have seen since knocking Castleford out of the cup. The humidity and with one sub and several penalties against us in that last few minutes, defensively was nothing short of awesome. Well done Fev. Well done also to the large Leigh following.

An absolutely outstanding effort from all the lads today with just 14 to pick from. Superb defence all game, which gave Leigh very little to play with; little wonder they lost their collective rag at times.

If we can maintain that kind of intensity for the remainder of the shield games including the final, and also as we rebuild the squad for next season, there's no reason we can't be contenders again next year.

In my 70 years of watching Fev I have left the ground feeling proud on too many occasions to count. Either at Post office road, away or at wembley. Today ranks with the best

36 minutes ago, HAVERCROFT10 said:

Thought Leigh tried there best not to win. Both sets of players wondering over contracts. Totally different contrast to last meeting.

Last meeting they had top class players, you can only beat what's in front of you and Rovers did just that! 

loop

2 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Leigh were chronic today, they looked totally disinterested, I thought our desire was greater than theirs, but overall a poor match for me, let’s hope they don’t wake up for the final either, £50K’s not to be sniffed at.....

Poor match?!  You really do watch a different game to the rest of us. 

3 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Leigh did try but Rovers tackled for their lives, another win to live long in the memory! 

Agreed. We did play badly, but there is a saying that "you play as well as you are allowed to." Fev were simply better than us for about 75 of the 80 minutes. A fully deserved win for you guys.

The way the injuries and 'on reports' are going, we'll probably be playing you at 7 a-side in the final!

Since the London defeat which virtually lost any chance of Top 4 we have seen two performances than rank with anything in Fev's illustrious past. It's not all about class, the extra 20% is about fighting spirit, and that's why we have unexpected wins and unexpected defeats, it's what makes Fev Fev. Duffy must be kept at all costs If he can instil that team spirit. Day's like this are priceless! 

10 hours ago, Jimmyvtec said:

loop

Poor match?!  You really do watch a different game to the rest of us. 

I thought Leigh were terrible, Reynolds and Hutchison didn’t look interested, It was a great effort with only 14 players from us and I thought some of our players were brilliant, but not all, but to be honest I always thought we’d win, it’s only because it’s Leigh that makes it a bit more special and I get the enthusiasm,  but they’re not a patch on what they were last time out, for me it was a poor game of rugby!!

16 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I thought Leigh were terrible, Reynolds and Hutchison didn’t look interested, It was a great effort with only 14 players from us and I thought some of our players were brilliant, but not all, but to be honest I always thought we’d win, it’s only because it’s Leigh that makes it a bit more special and I get the enthusiasm,  but they’re not a patch on what they were last time out, for me it was a poor game of rugby!!

I agree there were plenty of mistakes from both sides but it was still an exciting game.Even at 16-4 up we were not home ans hosed and there was that feeling if Leigh scored another 6 points next we might still manage to blow it.I would love to watch a POOR game like yesterdays every Sunday it may even keep me quiet.

19 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Yes, we seemed terrible, but our previous three games were won, with an aggregate score of 140-16. The most pleasing aspect of those three games was a rock-solid defence, based on superb team spirit - sound familiar? The difference for us yesterday was that we came up against a team, whose spirit and, therefore, defence, were top-notch, and we became frustrated and demoralised. It was two teams, shorn of a number of 'stars', but, you worked for, and fully deserved your convincing victory.

Till the next time!

The only suprising thing yesterday was the MOM was given to an individual player and instead not announced as a shared award to all 14 players

Hopefully the game has not taken a lot out of us due to the short turnaround for friday hopefully we can get a body or two back also

8 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I agree there were plenty of mistakes from both sides but it was still an exciting game.Even at 16-4 up we were not home ans hosed and there was that feeling if Leigh scored another 6 points next we might still manage to blow it.I would love to watch a POOR game like yesterdays every Sunday it may even keep me quiet.

That’s my point I don’t think Leigh looked like scoring, even the ref gave up trying to get them over....if it was Rochdale or Swinton, with respect, we wouldn’t have even been bothered that we fielded 14 players, it’s because it’s Leigh that there’s all the emotion.  Keeping you quiet might be a bigger feat lol.....

To win a game with 14 players that gave their all is a great effort. Why try to decry it with efforts of poor opposition and if it were another team. The lads made a great effort and had a resolute defence. All this negativity is not necessary.  

2 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

To win a game with 14 players that gave their all is a great effort. Why try to decry it with efforts of poor opposition and if it were another team. The lads made a great effort and had a resolute defence. All this negativity is not necessary.  

Spot on Colin

OK I’ll consider myself reprimanded!!  I haven’t been negative about our team,  I haven’t disputed the effort, I just think Leigh were chronic and it wasn’t a good game of rugby, but I’ll try and remember to agree with everyone’s name future, I obviously haven’t got the hang of the ‘forum’ yet.....

Archived