Now Featherstone with 15!

http://www.totalrl.com/featherstone-only-able-to-name-15-man-squad-for-sundays-clash-with-leigh/

What is happening to our game when professional clubs can't even put out a full 17?......................I'm guessing Featherstone are already cutting back and planning for next season, but it does make a mockery of the competition when teams can't even put out a full team

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lads please do your research before talking b£##$cks on forums, weve released hock and holmes, holmes out for season and was going to huddersfield anyway, rest are injured and no dual reg available,Hull and leeds have been short on numbers this season and there 2 of biggest clubs in country. Game is on its backside.

14 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Lads please do your research before talking b£##$cks on forums, weve released hock and holmes, holmes out for season and was going to huddersfield anyway, rest are injured and no dual reg available,Hull and leeds have been short on numbers this season and there 2 of biggest clubs in country. Game is on its backside.

Guess this is what happens if you sell your soul to the dual-reg devil?

And yes, I know it applies to numerous clubs.  Does not make it right, though.  I loathe the chuffing practice. 

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Let's hope this is the wake-up call for a lot of clubs in the region who moved away from a youth setup. 

This is embarrassing for the club, the league, and the governing body. 

It's not the first time, and it won't be the last time this happens for Featherstone this season. Personally, I hope the RFL have some serious stern words about this.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

5 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Let's hope this is the wake-up call for a lot of clubs in the region who moved away from a youth setup. 

This is embarrassing for the club, the league, and the governing body. 

It's not the first time, and it won't be the last time this happens for Featherstone this season. Personally, I hope the RFL have some serious stern words about this.

I can't understand doing away with A Teams and Academys the more people we can get and keep playing Rugby League the better.

28 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Come on mate. We keep hearing that Featherstone want to be taken seriously as a potential Super League club. Yet you can't put out a full 17 because Leeds can't send you players on dual-reg?

9 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Guess this is what happens if you sell your soul to the dual-reg devil?

And yes, I know it applies to numerous clubs.  Does not make it right, though.  I loathe the chuffing practice. 

I hate dual reg, was good bit of buisness for us last few year, but done more harm than good this season. We ran very succesful academy and reserve teams in the past, but it got to a point were we only had about half a dozen teams to play against, so the club didnt see it financially viable, so disbanded it. Funding should be made available to all clubs to run reserve sides, some great talent come from the championship, hardhaker, hill, walmsley to name a few, but the rfl just want to use them as feeder clubs and make the big clubs bigger, the game is on its backside from top to bottom, cause its run by muppets, serious lack of talent about and its showing throughout the game. Beyond repair for me.

6 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Come on mate. We keep hearing that Featherstone want to be taken seriously as a potential Super League club. Yet you can't put out a full 17 because Leeds can't send you players on dual-reg?

Fev dominated the championship for 4 year from 2010, upgraded there facilities to meet rfl franchise requirements while cas and wakie filled them with bull about new grounds, in this time we had scholorship academy and reserves who were league champions aswell, but they decided to put widnes up instead of us who we put 50 on to lift the league leaders shield for a 3rd time. Funds werent available to run reserves against very little other opposition. A small team like fev can only do so much after been constantly stabbed in the back by the bent rfl. 

1 hour ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Fev dominated the championship for 4 year from 2010, upgraded there facilities to meet rfl franchise requirements while cas and wakie filled them with bull about new grounds, in this time we had scholorship academy and reserves who were league champions aswell, but they decided to put widnes up instead of us who we put 50 on to lift the league leaders shield for a 3rd time. Funds werent available to run reserves against very little other opposition. A small team like fev can only do so much after been constantly stabbed in the back by the bent rfl. 

There has never been a franchise requirement.

There has never been franchising.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I can't understand doing away with A Teams and Academys the more people we can get and keep playing Rugby League the better.

Agreed, this is a total horlicks of a situation. Clubs like Featherstone are just hollow shells of a supposed professional system. 

2 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

So fev won championship grand finals in the licence period when everyone knew it didn’t reward you  with promotion but have never achieved the same success on the field  in the other 20 odd years when it mattered and winning games got you promoted.  How’s that the RFLs fault? Unless fevs license application was better than Widnes.

5 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

So fev won championship grand finals in the licence period when everyone knew it didn’t reward you  with promotion but have never achieved the same success on the field  in the other 20 odd years when it mattered and winning games got you promoted.  How’s that the RFLs fault? Unless fevs license application was better than Widnes.

Part of the criteria involved getting to grand finals, plus minimum requirements for grounds, which we met, yet cas and wakie still dont meet, but pulled the wool over the rfl eyes with there nice drawings of what there grounds could look like. 

9 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

tell me why do wakefield who had 6 years relegation free to build business / infrastructure have to train at Fev ????

10 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

??? What was it when there was no promotion relegation and all different requirements to make the elite league? When widnes got promoted cause theu had a nice ground but s&#te team.

Licensing.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

I have a soft spot for Featherstone but, I'm sorry, there are no excuses here for this type of thing.

This is really poor PR from the club and comes across as a bit sulky. It could have been easily turned on its head with a positive spin - something like "massive injury crisis gives amazing opportunity for 4 local players"

Archived