Denver test is dead

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Time to find a new host for the 2025 World Cup. 

I vote France

I would go with that, but a lot of work would need to be done and a lot of money found.

One of the first things they need to do there like here and increase its junior playing base, and Rugby League awareness. Easier said that done, but its a must must starters.

Again, why such hyperbole in the headlines? Aussie journalists just love to give their own sport a good kicking for a cheap headline. 

It may well be that all this plays out but the way journalists who supposedly love our sport (in Aus and the UK) appear to take great joy in giving it a kicking is firstly, disturbing and secondly, quite sad. 

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Again, why such hyperbole in the headlines? Aussie journalists just love to give their own sport a good kicking for a cheap headline. 

It may well be that all this plays out but the way journalists who supposedly love our sport (in Aus and the UK) appear to take great joy in giving it a kicking is firstly, disturbing and secondly, quite sad. 

To be fair Proszenko was one of the very few Aussie journalists who supported the Denver match. 

rldfsignature.jpg

12 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Classic case of blaming the messenger, Scubs.

Surely it is the job of journalists to check these things out? Not their fault if promoters don’t pay their bills.

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

To be fair Proszenko was one of the very few Aussie journalists who supported the Denver match. 

Perhaps if he did some proper research via the RLIF and Moore Sports themselves then we would get a better story. Same with other stories based in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Classic case of blaming the messenger, Scubs.

Surely it is the job of journalists to check these things out? Not their fault if promoters don’t pay their bills.

I am frustrated as you mate but would it be so difficult to get a statement from the RLIF about the 2025 WC or Moore sports themselves? Same as what is happening with UK reporting. It is not as if Rimmer and Elstone are hard to find FFS.

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I am frustrated as you mate but would it be so difficult to get a statement from the RLIF about the 2025 WC or Moore sports themselves? Same as what is happening with UK reporting. It is not as if Rimmer and Elstone are hard to find FFS.

Well it looks like he’s spoken to the NZRL who had this to say.   “The Denver Test, Peters said, will almost certainly be a one-off.”

Who will England play if the Kiwis feel like they’ve been burnt by MS? Yes it would be good to get everyone’s view but if the Kiwis aren’t interested then who else will take up the baton knowing a game in the USA may cost them money?

rldfsignature.jpg

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Well it looks like he’s spoken to the NZRL who had this to say.   “The Denver Test, Peters said, will almost certainly be a one-off.”

Who will England play if the Kiwis feel like they’ve been burnt by MS? Yes it would be good to get everyone’s view but if the Kiwis aren’t interested then who else will take up the baton knowing a game in the USA may cost them money?

The second line quickly moves onto the 2025 RLWC, how difficult is it to get a reaction from Moore Sports, the RFL or the RLIF? This just looks like someone giving the NZ guy a call and writing an article based on one conversation.

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The second line quickly moves onto the 2025 RLWC, how difficult is it to get a reaction from Moore Sports, the RFL or the RLIF? This just looks like someone giving the NZ guy a call and writing an article based on one conversation.

But it’s not just some random bloke in New Zealand he’s the CEO of the NZRL.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Almost certainly spells the end of the New York City RL side too. Shame really, I would have loved to have seen a second North American side, especially one from the biggest and most recognisable city in the world, take on Toronto and join Rugby League. 

Not sure why you say that, the 2 are unrelated. However there were already concerns about the New York proposal so it wouldn’t surprise me if that didn’t come to fruition 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Time to find a new host for the 2025 World Cup. 

I vote France

That always seemed totally wishful thinking to me . We want it to be and it’s a great headline , but with no reality or substance behind it .

Archived