1st September

Blind side johnny

As from today clubs are officially permitted to talk to any players that they wish to recruit for next season. I know that some claim to refrain until the season has actually ended but take this with a pinch of salt. Let's hope that the wealthy/recently impoverished clubs aren't queuing up to sign our brightest and best and that we are already taking steps to retain those gems that we still have.

It would be interesting to see a list of those players that we have already agreed contracts with for next year, wouldn't it? On the other hand I believe that it would be unfair to speculate about those that some might not want the club to retain, at least until the end of the season.

Any thoughts?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As from today clubs are officially permitted to talk to any players that they wish to recruit for next season. I know that some claim to refrain until the season has actually ended but take this with a pinch of salt. Let's hope that the wealthy/recently impoverished clubs aren't queuing up to sign our brightest and best and that we are already taking steps to retain those gems that we still have.

It would be interesting to see a list of those players that we have already agreed contracts with for next year, wouldn't it? On the other hand I believe that it would be unfair to speculate about those that some might not want the club to retain, at least until the end of the season.

Any thoughts?

Club are playing it close to their chests, just like team selections. If no news is good news, we should have a belting squad for 2019. :rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

It's called greggs now cools

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

The exodus as begun,Macauley Hallett as left the club.

It takes more than one to make an exodus Graham.

Has he left before the end of his contract, thus relinquishing any final payment?

Good luck to any player, no matter where they end up. It's worth noting that Crookes is also said to be leaving Batley: both were the subject of a swap deal that the respective clubs lauded at the time

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

First big signing announced today - Tobias Richardson.

He may still be a work in progress but I have been impressed by him so far. It is also good to have more local players in the squad.

39 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It takes more than one to make an exodus Graham.

Has he left before the end of his contract, thus relinquishing any final payment?

Good luck to any player, no matter where they end up. It's worth noting that Crookes is also said to be leaving Batley: both were the subject of a swap deal that the respective clubs lauded at the time

Ok I’ll refrase it,the first of many?I’m baffled with Crookes because he normally does at least 2 years at a club before getting hitchy feet?

Where's Hallett going? I thought Crookes was excellent for Batley this season btw. Is Richardson from Fev?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Where's Hallett going? I thought Crookes was excellent for Batley this season btw. Is Richardson from Fev?

Do wake up Piggy.

See above from BSJ:

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

First big signing announced today - Tobias Richardson.

He may still be a work in progress but I have been impressed by him so far. It is also good to have more local players in the squad.

Richardson is a Dewsbury Moor lad. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Ok I’ll refrase it,the first of many?I’m baffled with Crookes because he normally does at least 2 years at a club before getting hitchy feet?

Don't think it is itchy feet Graham, just not offered a new contract.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Another one gone,Toby Everett to our nearest and dearest.

Toby always reminds me of Keegan Hirst, he has the build to destroy defenders, but never seems to show the potential to show what he can do.

He might do this with the Bulldogs next season though.

Mmm yummy can't beat getting to the carcass first before the rest of the vultures arrive lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Mmm yummy can't beat getting to the carcass first before the rest of the vultures arrive lol

Don't be getting giddy PM you've signed a player that couldn't get in the team, sometimes wasn't even in the 19?we've got better players at the club you've missed out on, unfortunately we have as well ?

Archived