Players For 2019

andyram

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Moi Moi? You might as well get Macca Aizue back as he’s younger and cheaper ?? btw Trout is a prop,well that’s what Ned said last year.

I’m sure he is. It’s just some of us old folk remember when props used to be big lads

intertersringly id be very happy to have Macca back despite what BSJ is going to say.  I liked him and to be honest, given our recent prop situation let’s have him and Moi Moi. 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Moi Moi? You might as well get Macca Aizue back as he’s younger and cheaper ?? btw Trout is a prop,well that’s what Ned said last year.

Aye, and I'm the Archbishop of Canterbury. :lol: I liked Aizue by the way.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

19 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

So it’s now official,Gareth Moore as gone,apparently he’s retired. He should have gone 12 months ago imo.

Is that retired on full pay .... or have we mutually cancelled his contract?? 

If we have we are flush with cash as his contract was significant!!

On 18 November 2018 at 2:09 PM, Haven 1 said:

Strong rumours from up this way that moi moi is on his way to Dewsbury 

Hey Haven 1, what makes a rumour strong or weak?

This "strong" one seems to have fizzled out. What do you reckon now?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Reality check!!!  

The two hardest positions to recruit are ..... half backs and props!!   ......  we need half backs and props!!

The chances of us getting and experienced quality half back and a barnstorming prop are not great!!

the likelyhood is we will have to settle for potential which in my opinion is better than well over the hill ...... slightly over the hill is OK though because we only really have Sykes and Knowles with the experience that our young team will need to guide them through what might be a tough season!

6 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Reality check!!!  

The two hardest positions to recruit are ..... half backs and props!!   ......  we need half backs and props!!

The chances of us getting and experienced quality half back and a barnstorming prop are not great!!

the likelyhood is we will have to settle for potential which in my opinion is better than well over the hill ...... slightly over the hill is OK though because we only really have Sykes and Knowles with the experience that our young team will need to guide them through what might be a tough season!

Spot on TO9O. There are still a lot of players yet to sign with clubs but no real quality. An old head and some young lads are the probability in my view. When you sign young players you may unearth a gem, or not, but the risk isn't too great - I hope. Add to this there is always a possibility of securing a couple of season long loans (wishful thinking?).

What is without doubt is that we will need to be very patient next year, and supportive when things don't quite go to plan. Realistically we would be hoping for 10th, and desperate to avoid the bottom two places. We won't fantasise about top five just yet.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

I see we have signed a prop .... Jordan Andrade ... just googled him he looks big and powerful!!

But I also note he has been at Salford, Halifax and Bradford ..... as well as the publicised All Golds and Oxford!

So the question is why didn't he make it at the Bulls?

The question is valid. He is a gamble I understand who we have given the chance to prove himself. I doubt that he is on a large contract, to say the least.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What we need next season is patience & plenty of it. Lee is hopefully signing players that want to play for the club,we’ve signed a few unknowns that have something to prove so let’s hope they’ll do that with us. At least next season we won’t have Gareth Moore as a distraction,will he play or not. Apparently their was a big turn out Monday night at training with a few trialists,some known to us and some promising young players from super league clubs.

Quite a week ......  signings galore!

I see  from Rams twitter that there will be another new signing today!!

I wonder who it will be and what position he will play ..... please no more second row/ centres .... or wingers!!

Dare I hope for a prop/ half back!!   .... not many of those about!!  ( Jordan Abdul haha )

Brad Delaney would be good news ..... as would an experienced, but not over the hill, front rower .... anyone heard anything?

I would imagine with the speculative nature of our recent signings there is some cash available for a marquee type signing ... someone who could help Sykes and Knowles realise the potential of some of the young locals we now have in the squad!

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Quite a week ......  signings galore!

I see  from Rams twitter that there will be another new signing today!!

I wonder who it will be and what position he will play ..... please no more second row/ centres .... or wingers!!

Dare I hope for a prop/ half back!!   .... not many of those about!!  ( Jordan Abdul haha )

Brad Delaney would be good news ..... as would an experienced, but not over the hill, front rower .... anyone heard anything?

I would imagine with the speculative nature of our recent signings there is some cash available for a marquee type signing ... someone who could help Sykes and Knowles realise the potential of some of the young locals we now have in the squad!

I think that it will be more akin to one of those tents you used in the scouts TO9O. Possibly a half back, but nobody to get excited about (Thurston REALLY has retired.)

36 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Ah but don’t forget they’ll be able to double up as water carriers ?

That is my big worry ..... you sign a lot of unknowns .. the odd one makes it the others become accomplished water carriers!

The Elephant in the room!!  ... We don't have a scrum half!!!  .. unless Sam Day is going to do it!!  last year we had a problem at scrum half early season and look what happened ...until we signed Delaney!!   the previous season we had problems at scrum half .... look what happened until we signed Moore!!!  Please lets not make the same mistake again! 

As they say ... if you do what you always do you get what you always got!!

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well think that makes 15 players now, so at least we have a team ?

We have more than 22 at training WR.

30 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

That is my big worry ..... you sign a lot of unknowns .. the odd one makes it the others become accomplished water carriers!

The Elephant in the room!!  ... We don't have a scrum half!!!  .. unless Sam Day is going to do it!!  last year we had a problem at scrum half early season and look what happened ...until we signed Delaney!!   the previous season we had problems at scrum half .... look what happened until we signed Moore!!!  Please lets not make the same mistake again! 

As they say ... if you do what you always do you get what you always got!!

You seem to be implying that this is deliberate TO9O. We thought that we had Moore, but now he has retired; we did talk to Thackeray, but Sheffield offered him silly money; we did make offers to others, but these have been rejected. The coaching staff are acutely aware of the need for a scrum half but they aren't exactly hanging around on street corners waiting to be signed are they?

Maybe you could suggest a couple of targets for LG to pursue.

18 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You seem to be implying that this is deliberate TO9O. We thought that we had Moore, but now he has retired; we did talk to Thackeray, but Sheffield offered him silly money; we did make offers to others, but these have been rejected. The coaching staff are acutely aware of the need for a scrum half but they aren't exactly hanging around on street corners waiting to be signed are they?

Maybe you could suggest a couple of targets for LG to pursue.

Absolutely not .... just pointing out the obvious!! ... and do you really think those in the know actually thought Moore was going to play this season!!!!!  even with the most optimistic rose coloured spectacles it was always going to be a fragile situation ... so a contingency or at least cover would and should have been a priority!

I don't ever profess to be in the know ... I have no inside information...I haven't spoken to the coaching staff, so I don't know about anyone we may or may not have made offers to!! ... I am just a speculative interested fan who participates in the close season banter!! 

......   and where would I find a good scrum half?? .......  Brad Delaney looked alright to me!!  

Ah.. just noticed on the Barmy Army page that those in the know are intimating we will be alright in the halves ...  announcement imminent!! 

Archived