Players For 2019

andyram

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

Strong rumours from up this way that moi moi is on his way to Dewsbury 

Phooey!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Haven 1 said:

we will see one of my friends from town say its nailed on

Probably about right. We will find out on this forum, via somebody who follows twatter round about Christmas.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

9 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Ah Graham ... do you have inside info or just an educated guess!!  .... He was quoted as saying he would give 100% for the new coach!!

In any case we need half back cover ..... have you heard anything about Delaney?

Heard a whisper he’s gone,tbh I hope it’s true get the head out the club.

Not heard anything about young Brad.

14 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Heard a whisper he’s gone,tbh I hope it’s true get the head out the club.

Not heard anything about young Brad.

I now understand that GM won't be playing for us next season - whilst we will be without a recognised scrum half we will also lose the distraction of "will he, won't he?".

Brad was offered a contract by the club but is looking elsewhere for a better deal, I believe. It's a shame for us as I believe that he has a lot of promise, but can't blame him for seeking an improvement elsewhere.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On another note it is reported in LE that Leigh have now started to recruit again, now that Duffy has almost completed his flit from Fev. Names in the frame included the Adamson brothers and Dom Speakman. I can't see them troubling the top teams next season.

45 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I now understand that GM won't be playing for us next season - whilst we will be without a recognised scrum half we will also lose the distraction of "will he, won't he?".

Brad was offered a contract by the club but is looking elsewhere for a better deal, I believe. It's a shame for us as I believe that he has a lot of promise, but can't blame him for seeking an improvement elsewhere.

A great shame.  Agree that he has tremendous potential and without GM and Dom we are nearly as light at 7 as we are at Prop..

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Is he any good?  Is he a prop??

Your new half back I'm hearing..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I can't see them troubling the top teams next season.

Might trouble the relegation favourites though?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

8 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Might trouble the relegation favourites though?

You're like a dripping tap PM, although less entertaining.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Its OK if he is not playing ... it is not OK if he is not playing and still picking up his contractual wages!!  If he has gone I hope his contract has been terminated ... if it hasn't it needs to be!!!!  .....

if he is going to honour his contract then I am sure we will support him .... if he isn't then he must do the right thing and ask for his contract to be terminated!!   ... no more taking the P ... like he did last year!! ... or we sack him for failing to meet the terms of his contract .. no pay offs please!!

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Its OK if he is not playing ... it is not OK if he is not playing and still picking up his contractual wages!!  If he has gone I hope his contract has been terminated ... if it hasn't it needs to be!!!!  .....

if he is going to honour his contract then I am sure we will support him .... if he isn't then he must do the right thing and ask for his contract to be terminated!!   ... no more taking the P ... like he did last year!! ... or we sack him for failing to meet the terms of his contract .. no pay offs please!!

You clearly understand contracts better than I do then O9O.

"Do the right thing" is quite witty though, I must admit. ? 

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Actually BSJ I do understand contracts!!  .. but I haven't seen GMs ...... let me have a look at it and i will find the loopholes!!

Oddly enough, I don't have a copy nor have I ever seen a RL player's contract.

In a former life I was very familiar with contracts of employment but I suspect that these will differ in a number of subtle ways. I am just guessing, of course. I think that the fact remains that when a player of any sport wants to leave then forcing them to remain is futile. Whether you can effect the separation easily without it costing anything is more open to conjecture. There are all sorts of ways that a player could string things out whilst still receiving a monthly cheque, sad to say.

51 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

A new addition or Kyle Trout???  Twitter says an announcement regarding a player ....... it doesn't follow that is will be a signing .. it could be a departure!!   

Hope it's Trout. ......

Leaving.

Only makes an effort when he's on telly.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Hope it's Trout. ......

Leaving.

Only makes an effort when he's on telly.

I thought that he improved noticeably as the season progressed this year. He does a lot of graft but some folk only like flashy players, I suppose.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I thought that he improved noticeably as the season progressed this year. He does a lot of graft but some folk only like flashy players, I suppose.

I'm sure they do, but as a Rams fan it's not something I'm personally likely to get used to.  

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Well I’m glad we’ve managed to retain him.

Wouldn't do for us all to be the same I suppose - personally i'd sooner of had Moi Moi.  How many second rowers is it now ? ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived