Good luck

IanMac

Good luck today boys. Wear the shirt with pride and play with commitment and desire. Hope you get the crowd you deserve and the game is a cracker. Let the rfl know that there is life beyond super league and that two old proud rugby clubs,that have both had hard times in recent years, have plenty of life in them yet. Play hard, play fair, may the best team on the day win. Or if we can win by 1pt playing ugly I’ll take that. UTT

Really looking forward to a great game, I hope our lads play to their potential and it should see us over the line.Given the weather it's gonna be even more important to play the sets out and tackle their hearts out. 

Well done to the BOD for promoting the game so well and hope the reward is a good crowd.

Come on lads lets get this game won! UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

What a shame to come in here as a Knights fan. There was around a 100 of us sat together in the main stand. Thoroughly enjoyed the welcome when we arrived and in the bar.

Between  tickets, parking and half a dozen pints I've just put over 50 quid into Town and glad to do so. Applauded every one of your players off the park and wished well those I chatted to in the car park afterwards.

Come in here and wonder why I bothered. Thought we were all in this together? 

5 minutes ago, JonT said:

What a shame to come in here as a Knights fan. There was around a 100 of us sat together in the main stand. Thoroughly enjoyed the welcome when we arrived and in the bar.

Between  tickets, parking and a dozen pints I've just put over 50 quid into Town and glad to do so. Applauded every one of your players off the park and wished well those I chatted to in the car park afterwards.

Well done mate. If every visiting spectator put 50 quid into the club it would be brilliant. I hope somebody else was parking that car tho if you had a dozen pints?

Your support is very much appreciated and it made for a great atmosphere! The 2 things that stood out for me at the end was your coach joining our lads in their huddle and congratulating everyone of our players, and then your supporters applauding our boys off at the end!! Absolute class from everyone. Thank you, it means a lot to me as a supporter and I bet it meant a lot to the team! Good luck for the run in. 

10 minutes ago, JonT said:

Between  tickets, parking and a dozen pints I've just put over 50 quid into Town and glad to do so. Applauded every one of your players off the park and wished well those I chatted to in the car park afterwards.

Your fans were a credit to your club as we’re your players and coach. The support was excellent and I’m honestly embarrassed by what I’ve read 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

5 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Well done mate. If every visiting spectator put 50 quid into the club it would be brilliant. I hope somebody else was parking that car tho if you had a dozen pints?

Oops...should have read half a dozen. Of which I only had a couple...promise!

Having said that, just rolled up at our B&B and I'll be having plenty more. 

Many thanks for the kind comments from yourself and others. Apologies if I came across a little sore.

Hope I'm making the trip again next season in the Championship . 

A shame to read some of the comments in here, we filled a coach and I personally know 20 who made the journey in cars so already that's at least double 'about 30.'

Anyway had a nice weekend in Workington, friendly people, educated the B+B owner on RL and he says he'll get to a game at Derwent Park, had a good chat with your car parking steward (I did tell him there would only be 4 pts in it!), we put money in the collection boxes, applauded your player onto the pitch who was making his 250th app, James Ford shook the hands of your players and joined the huddle. I'll even forgive the handful who spent the 2nd half facing the York fans sticking 2s up for some unknown reason, maybe they'd had a few shandies. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, JonT said:

Oops...should have read half a dozen. Of which I only had a couple...promise!

Having said that, just rolled up at our B&B and I'll be having plenty more. 

Many thanks for the kind comments from yourself and others. Apologies if I came across a little sore.

Hope I'm making the trip again next season in the Championship . 

Have a couple for me! Safe trip back and good luck in the run in.

4 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

A shame to read some of the comments in here, we filled a coach and I personally know 20 who made the journey in cars so already that's at least double 'about 30.'

Had a nice weekend in Workington, friendly people, had a good chat with your car parking steward (I did tell him there would only be 4 pts in it!), we put money in the collection boxes, applauded your player onto the pitch who was making his 250th app, James Ford shook the hands of your players and joined the huddle. I'll even forgive the handful who spent the 2nd half facing the York fans sticking 2s up for some unknown reason, maybe they'd had a few shandies. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Appreciation  to all the knights fans who made the journey and a big Thanks you to you all. Just a bit disappointing regards the turnout after what we were expecting. Best of luck and hope you win the league.

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Less than 100 York fans here today absolutely pathetic.

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Less than 100 York fans here today absolutely pathetic.

There was more than that and a great bunch too. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, JonT said:

Between  tickets, parking and half a dozen pints I've just put over 50 quid into Town and glad to do so. Applauded every one of your players off the park and wished well those I chatted to in the car park afterwards.

As has been said you showed your class as a club something we pride ourselves on. Shame I can't say the same about the Bulls. 

What a game , I'm equally as gutted we didn't win as I am proud . I thought there were two outstanding teams in the league now I know there are three.

31 minutes ago, wonky said:

There was more than that and a great bunch too. 

I will second that,There was a good turnout in the stand and a few supporters and cars on the car park more supporters around the ground, and,ifanybody looked there were two coaches aback of the old training ground has well.I have to say congrats to York on their win,a bit peed off with two kicks that they gathered so well to win the game,but our lads tackled their socks off and Elliot miller was deserved MOM but Olstrum worked his butt off.I hope York win promotion up to the Championship and we beat Bradford in the final..

6 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I will second that,There was a good turnout in the stand and a few supporters and cars on the car park more supporters around the ground, and,ifanybody looked there were two coaches aback of the old training ground has well.I have to say congrats to York on their win,a bit peed off with two kicks that they gathered so well to win the game,but our lads tackled their socks off and Elliot miller was deserved MOM but Olstrum worked his butt off.I hope York win promotion up to the Championship and we beat Bradford in the final..

One was the team bus Trouty but let's just be thankfull for all the away support.

8 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

One was the team bus Trouty but let's just be thankfull for all the away support.

I’m not sure what the issue is. One of the best away supports all season, added to the great atmosphere, a great game and hopefully a sign of things to come. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Fantastic atmosphere today and the best match I've seen for a long time. As a Town fan a bit disappointed to play so well and get beat. York unlike some the teams we've seen this season were a credit to RL as were their fans.

A match that wouldn't have been out of place in the Championship. Well done to all concerned.

Archived