YORK REACTION

town4me

1 hour ago, THMS said:

Totally sickened. 2 bad kicks gave them the win. Apart from that tho the team played well. Defence really good. 

Ref was poor with the offside rule but York were fast and played good rugby. 

Can't say it's the best game I've watched at DP. Maybe I was just too nervous to enjoy it. 

I don't think MOM was announced, who got it? I would give it to Dickinson. Thought he had a great game. 

Be interesting to watch the game on video. I'd like to see if it was a forward pass when Fui broke away. A try from that and we would of won it. 

Big up the York fans. Applauded our team as much as their own. I hope they win this league and leave the Bulls behind !!!!!!!!!!! 

Miller mom

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted to get beat. But Carn't fault lads like Leon said 1 to 17 all played well, just hope that performance will bring back all them extra supporters ( surely Carn't been disappointed) nice to see match played with no fighting. Hard n fair. Well done lads look forward going to Newcastle another hard 1.

Yorks last tackle plays were the difference all that second half.  That and a couple of bad penalty calls pinned us on our line and we just couldn't gain any momentum. That we didn't concede more points under such pressure was testament to our superb defence. Just the one breakaway try and we probably win it. 

My first visit in a while and a really good game between 2 well-matched sides. York are a well-coached team. I was happy with 6 - 4 down at half time with the wind at our backs in the 2nd half, but the wind did drop off quite a bit, so there weren't many long raking kicks

Ref made quite a few glaring errors - some for both sides. However, the one that stood out is where Cockayne bounced through a couple of tackles and went to ground with no-one within 3 yards of him. Town rightly completed the tackle and the ref gave penalty! York questioned many decisions and got away with it. Town questioned 1 and got marched 10. No consistency

2 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

Fantastic game and great coverage for league 1

nothing to fear going into the play offs even more so if two get automatic promotion, we beat ourselves at the end of the day with two lucky interceptions, they look a real solid outfit, hope they go on to clinch the title! UP THE TOWN!! 

Also great to see 1500 there 

1623 even better marra, great game with small margins between winning and losing, great effort from all the lads and a great push from the board to get people back, I'm  hearing great things from within that will only benefit the clubs future, UTT

3 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

1623 even better marra, great game with small margins between winning and losing, great effort from all the lads and a great push from the board to get people back, I'm  hearing great things from within that will only benefit the clubs future, UTT

1623 is a great attendance considering there wasn't  the away support we expected. Nothing between the teams but credit to York who made the most of their chances, hope they finish champions.

Fantastic effort from the boys . Thought we were the better Team , but unfortunately we shot ourselves in the foot .Turned an early pen down and another when we were 8-6 up , Instead of being possibly 10-6 up , went 12-8 down inside a minute with the 90 yard try .Didn`t get many 50/50 calls 2nd half , and that pen York got when both players left the up and under that then was knocked dead was a farce .One thing we must start to do is when we put these attacking kicks in near the line , at least one person must stay back, to stop these length of the field tries . we dealt with them defensively all day but when you put these kicks in that is when your defensive line is at it`s most broken and York took full advantage .

I don’t like this kid ref , each time I’ve seen him been same . The penalty where the guy broke the tackle got up to run off , got re-tackled then got a pen was a joke . He just never looks to have authority . Penky was a bit nullified as they were up in no time smothering us . But hardly ever offside apparently 

6 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Did anyone that couldn't make the game today watch it it on ouleague, how did it come across? Sensible reply plz. 

When I got back from the game  I logged in and was able to watch the last 13 minutes or so which was in the video section on the menu. It came across as very good, camera angles were good,  Dave Parkinson was very good commentating and very complimentary about how he had been looked after by town. I think it’s definitely something that can give league 1 a bit of valuable advertising especially if it is going to done properly by the rfl.

Summing up.great game, not niggling or dirty play,2 great sets of supporters. Great advert for championship 1 rugby.  Well done to all concerned in all pre match build up etc  well done bod  players n back room staff. Keep the standards up and we will do ok.

23 minutes ago, IanMac said:

When I got back from the game  I logged in and was able to watch the last 13 minutes or so which was in the video section on the menu. It came across as very good, camera angles were good,  Dave Parkinson was very good commentating and very complimentary about how he had been looked after by town. I think it’s definitely something that can give league 1 a bit of valuable advertising especially if it is going to done properly by the rfl.

Thanks IanMac

15 minutes ago, David69 said:

Summing up.great game, not niggling or dirty play,2 great sets of supporters. Great advert for championship 1 rugby.  Well done to all concerned in all pre match build up etc  well done bod  players n back room staff. Keep the standards up and we will do ok.

I couldn’t see us getting promotion . We were far to inconsistent and patchy for far to long and our game management was hit n miss . It was frustrating feeling we weren’t playing to the sum of our parts for long enough or struggling to nail games down .Over time I think we’ve grew , we’ve gelled as a team and improved , especially defensively . I don’t look around at any demons in front of us and I think the last two games have opened our eyes to how good we are and how we can match anyone . Big thing is to keep up the standard , try to polish our attack to match the defence , and I think we’ve as good a chance now as anyone else . 

One thing to add from me is that there have been a few comments on how well coached York were ( rightly so). I think Leon and his assistants also deserve some credit as we are looking stronger as the season progresses.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I couldn’t see us getting promotion . We were far to inconsistent and patchy for far to long and our game management was hit n miss . It was frustrating feeling we weren’t playing to the sum of our parts for long enough or struggling to nail games down .Over time I think we’ve grew , we’ve gelled as a team and improved , especially defensively . I don’t look around at any demons in front of us and I think the last two games have opened our eyes to how good we are and how we can match anyone . Big thing is to keep up the standard , try to polish our attack to match the defence , and I think we’ve as good a chance now as anyone else . 

Yep, when you go back a few month and we would be looking ahead at these two matches with some apprehension  and a view to keeping the score to a respectable damage limitation performance but we have come through it with a double over Bulls and a great showing and a unlucky narrow defeat today so I would say we have progressed considerably and praise must go to the players and the coaching staff as well as the BOD.         UTT.

Just now, Old standoff said:

Yep, when you go back a few month and we would be looking ahead at these two matches with some apprehension  and a view to keeping the score to a respectable damage limitation performance but we have come through it with a double over Bulls and a great showing and a unlucky narrow defeat today so I would say we have progressed considerably and praise must go to the players and the coaching staff as well as the BOD.         UTT.

Yeh I’m really glad Leon wasn’t sacked ...

If you do face Bradford in the playoffs you should rightly feel confident. Looking at their fans rlfans page they are not happy bunnies even after their big win over Keighley today, and none of them are looking forward to the prospect of round 3 against Town.

Only thing missing from today's match were a few fans/staff/volunteers handing out leaflets at the end of the game as fans exited with details of the next home fixture, with maybe a small discount if the leaflet is produced when buying a ticket. The volunteers here at York did it with great effect at our home match against Catalans in the cup and 1,000+ duly attended against West Wales in the next home game. Obviously plenty extras turned up today plus 30 from York (couldn't resist!), none of them should have gone away disappointed with the effort today and it would be good if you can encourage them to return.

Archived