YORK REACTION

town4me

4 minutes ago, yanto said:

Wasn't in hindsight either. Got some strange looks when I'm screaming "take the fo****g two" at the TV. ? ? 

It’s seems to be part of the modern game, turning down 2 points to put more pressure on the defending team. I think fans of all clubs get frustrated by it and how many times do we see it all come to nothing, not even a completed set of six? Never mind we are all coaches, refs etc on the terraces. ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure big Gordon was in the 19 , I wonder if that was just not changing a winning side . He’s done unbelievably well to get back but you’d probably think it’ll be the start of the season before he hits that great form again , understandably . On Karl, his talent was never up for debate . He’s a real pocket rocket , seems at times like there’s two of him out there . I always think though that he just looks a stereotype all action loose forward and would play him there week in week out . 

It was a strange feeling leaving the ground yesterday  ive been more disappointed with a win than that defeat! Think the best thing about it we arnt far away infact at times we were the better team, ive heard a few times how far ahead of leons plan we are because next season is the promotion push season. Great to see a crowd and fingers crossed people come back because this team really deserve it..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

We will need to be at our best to beat both Newcastle and Donny , this weeks trip to Newcastle might be made easier because the boys will be dying to get out there and put the York defeat to rights .Interesting to hear Yanto`s comments on not taking the 2`s , that`s probably because he played with Corky and Lynn Hopkins , not taking the 2 wasn`t an option !

9 hours ago, Ginock1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when we turned down the 2 at Bradford we kicked to the corner and played out the set and Penky scored of the last. 

It's a tough one but sometimes works for you and sometimes it doesn't. 

Heard and read criticism of the kick plays and maybe the execution wasn't quite there on those 2 kicks but I know those 2 lads where beating themselves up about them in the bar after.

We've scored a lot of points from kick plays this year and to be fair to go full length and get that rub of the green twice was pretty unlucky for the kick option to end up like that. 

Towns goal line defence was awesome and to a man they were superb. 

If Elliott gathers that ball 40 out at full tilt he's going in under the sticks and we win.......so close to doing the job!

Great to see a good crowd with approx 1500 home support. 

Well done all at the club for the promotion, the bar was vibrant and Tony Herald was very good as was John Hastings! 

Great day, we lost but played well but that's sport. 

UTT

Great day and big thanks to Tony Herald who sang for free. And John Hastings  who promotes the club every chance he gets. And not a bad singer as well. 

Archived