The next time we aren't going to bother.......

boat builder

Oh BB, I feel your pain. Today there was no passion, commitment, interest but more worryingly, no leadership. Everyone at the game feels your pain. No crucifiction mate. I don't know how Cresta will explain that performance? As it stands, played 10, won one, lost nine. This, in a week, were he says we have most of our squad back and fit. I'm at a loss. But we don't give up.

I can't disagree, I've come away from defeats, some big ones, but today was the only one where I could not think of any good points. We hardly completed any sets, I think in the full 80 minutes I only remember one occasion when a forward took the ball at pace, and that was when Matty Holmes scored. It's as if we have 13 strangers playing together for the first time, we all know were better than this, I also think Batley played to our weakness out wide, and the first two tries showed that up.

A number of people round me complained about Childs letting forward passes go and many off sides  but I agree with the above messages. Very disapointing.

The only thing is somebody said to me before the match that a number of players cried off for different reasons. I#ve no idea whether this happened but if it did it would upset Cresta's plans.

We always struggle against Batley particularly away but they looked bigger, faster and much tighter in defence  than we did.

4 hours ago, boat builder said:

will someone let the supporters know.... then we dont all waste our £15 and time! And now I get crucified by  Bearman, TMF, etc...Today was awful! Toal and Fieldhouse turned up. Argue that. Ì dont care!

I can't crucify you as I wasn't there today. My spy was sending me a minute by minute score update and I have to admit to a feeling of shock.

I still think we will be ok.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

We were second best all day. If we play like that Swinton will beat us as well. There were hardly any breaks and when there was there was no one backing up! Batley had back up almost all the time and were faster; slicker and wanted it more!

Awful today.....................less than 50% completion and woeful tackling at times!!

Batley didn't have to be good today.. they just did the basics right

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Archived