Salford sep 8

RobertAM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at their performance today, that is going to be a tall order.  Our only hope is that they are over confident and have an off day.

Surely the 3B will be showing this? I'm looking forward to a boozy brunch.

It will be a close game but Salford will be beaten....the trick is to smash their halfback and throw him off his game just like we did with London.   We have to start quick and have no defensive lulls, then finish them.  O'Brien will have one of his finest games ever.  Wheeler is starting to play real well also.  Its coming together for Toronto and if they just gell a little we will have them.

I think we will win it.

Like I said on the other topic, it's the international soccer break, so go to 3B or your local pub, ask them to open early if needed, this is the last saturday morning away game of the season.

It appears that this Hastings guy is the key to their team but I've watched footage and he isn't any better than Sammutt...we crank him hard and stay on him and thats that.  They have some good runners in the centers around the third or fourth tackle though...thats where they are better than us.   All we need to do is shut that phase of their game down....will need some big tackles out of Dixon.

I think we've got their number....hang on....the phone is ringing just now and need to answer...YUP...  Its a 911 call from Manchester!  We have their number!

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

It appears that this Hastings guy is the key to their team but I've watched footage and he isn't any better than Sammutt...we crank him hard and stay on him and thats that.  They have some good runners in the centers around the third or fourth tackle though...thats where they are better than us.   All we need to do is shut that phase of their game down....will need some big tackles out of Dixon.

I think we've got their number....hang on....the phone is ringing just now and need to answer...YUP...  Its a 911 call from Manchester!  We have their number!

They use 999 in Manchester  just FYI lol

5 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

They use 999 in Manchester  just FYI lol

I got a call from that number too!..PLUS a "Pan, Pan, Pan" from downtown Salford when they found out Bussey might be suiting up.

We are gonna twist 'em and smack 'em and hit 'em and run over em......we are gonna physically clobber 'em .....psychologically hammer 'em................... and then we are going to do it all over again, and again, and again.

We are gonna show them all just what we got!

"Hit With the Full Pack Attack!"

25 minutes ago, silverback said:

and if  you dont it proves k man is simply blowing out of his rear yet again..:training:

Ahh don't be so grumpy....Toronto will make it to SL one away or another....we have a 5 year plan and we will achieve our goal, which is SL...IT IS OUR DESTINY!  Try to be a little more cheerful you old grumpy bulldog.

P.S. Quit using that sniiffer of yours around my hind end or you might get nipped!

"Going To SL With The Pack!"

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ahh don't be so grumpy....Toronto will make it to SL one away or another....we have a 5 year plan and we will achieve our goal, which is SL...IT IS OUR DESTINY!  Try to be a little more cheerful you old grumpy bulldog.

P.S. Quit using that sniiffer of yours around my hind end or you might get nipped!

"Going To SL With The Pack!"

its hard for us bulldoggies...:popcorn:

Okay, looking back at the game and this could be the game that determines TWP miss going up to SL. It wasn't the  result, but what happened in it. Two Salford players sent off and potentially suspended for the rest of the 8's, that's bad news for TWP because they need Salford to win the rest of their games other wise teams will gain points where TWP lost them today. Add to that the injuries that potentially occurred to TWP players together with the loss of the two wingers inthe Halifax game and it could be all up hill from here.

Still enough negativity, I enjoyed the game (not the result). That Salford try was just great to watch, I loved it, worth getting up for on a Saturday morning for. This season the defence in the championship has been a step up from the League 1 defence last season and SL team seems a step (or two) up from the championship and TWP will need a few new players next season if they at going to either play in SL or get promoted next season via the 8s. They are a good championship side but I think they have ambition beyond that.

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

Any news on O’Brien? Do we know if he will be fit for the next match?

Who knows yet?...it usually takes awhile to recover from a premeditated assassination attempt.

Archived