Salford sep 8

RobertAM

I feel we have really missed opportunities in both the Hull KR and Salford games.  We now have two must win home games coming up.  We need to recruit heavily in the forwards if we are going to compete with SL teams going forward.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ojx said:

I feel we have really missed opportunities in both the Hull KR and Salford games.  We now have two must win home games coming up.  We need to recruit heavily in the forwards if we are going to compete with SL teams going forward.

You are right ojx but it is what it is...we got ourselves into this so now we have to win the last three to get ourselves out....we will do it, one game at a time.  We are in the middle of the hunt...we are at our finest starting next week.  Its gonna happen, I really believe that.  There is one thing that must be done though...time to put Bussey back in the lineup if we want to take the rest of the table.  He is the spark which our forwards need right now.

3 hours ago, ojx said:

That was always the case.

Toronto have proven to be good enough to win their division in the last two years.

After winning league 1 they strengthened to win the Championship.They will do so again next year.

They will get promoted and they will strengthen. But, once they are in Superleague the task will be harder. The Superleague clubs will see TWP as a threat and will conspire to negate that threat. It really is up to Mr Argyle to respond and in doing so drive the game forward.

COYWP and come on RL

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

image.png.f09225a5ccd474cd2ba33221fb13c502.png

Salford: I don't think the suspensions will affect them, they will beat Leeds next week and take the last 6 points available, will finish first alone at 14pts. With their behaviour on the field, they might struggle to get eTA clearance if they need to travel to Canada or USA next season.

Leeds: every week the case for Toronto to beat them is growing solid, they could get just 2pts out of the last 3 games and finish at 8pts and MPG spot.

Hull KR: will cruise to second place and 12pts.

Toronto: they will cruise too, until the trip to Leeds. They need to improve in the wings, 3 weeks to get better. Justin please, make Sept. 28 a national holiday.

London: huge win against Toulouse, they probably earned their spot to the MPG there.

Toulouse: on se voit samedi.

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

That was always the case.

Toronto have proven to be good enough to win their division in the last two years.

After winning league 1 they strengthened to win the Championship.They will do so again next year.

They will get promoted and they will strengthen. But, once they are in Superleague the task will be harder. The Superleague clubs will see TWP as a threat and will conspire to negate that threat. It really is up to Mr Argyle to respond and in doing so drive the game forward.

COYWP and come on RL

Astute and accurate observations Bearman.  I've Bolded your last sentence.  I'm interested in what you believe Mr. Argyle's response should/might/needs to be to counter the conspiracy threat from the Superleague clubs. Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Astute and accurate observations Bearman.  I've Bolded your last sentence.  I'm interested in what you believe Mr. Argyle's response should/might/needs to be to counter the conspiracy threat from the Superleague clubs. Thanks in advance.

Easy. All he has to do is offer them money. $0.5 cents should do it.When push comes to shove they will bite his hand off.

The negative response from Superleage so far is purely a negotiating ploy.Only Leeds make any money all the rest are desperate to cut their losses.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Easy. All he has to do is offer them money. $0.5 cents should do it.When push comes to shove they will bite his hand off.

The negative response from Superleage so far is purely a negotiating ploy.Only Leeds make any money all the rest are desperate to cut their losses.

Thanks for the insight.  I did not realize things were so bad financially.........only 1 profitable Superleague club then.   And it fighting to retain its' SL status in the Qualifiers.

9 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Be careful with Bearman, Cameron Highlander.  He is old and wise in the ways of RL but if you feed him too often he becomes overly brazen and aggressive (especially if he has been into the honey sauce).  One time he drank my whole months beer budget in an hour.  I heard he could clean out St.Lukes Fish and Chips in an hour if he has a hunger on.

BEWARE OF FEEDING THE BEARS!

bear.jpg

Not only St Lukes chippy either Kman ..... all other chippies are on alert when hes in town ;-)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

18 minutes ago, morty said:

Not only St Lukes chippy either Kman ..... all other chippies are on alert when hes in town ?

Seems to happen to him every year around this time....he starts complaining g of being tired and also hungry all the time, says he wants to sleep for months on end from the end of the Million Pound Game to the start of the next season.  Eating and drinking everything in sight and them...PLOOOMP!...he hits the bed and wakes up in the spring after losing lots of weight and always declares to everyone publicly that he is, once again, "A lean mean rugby machine!"

Its weird I tell ya. 

Toronto needed to beat either Hull KR or Salford to assure themselves a spot, sloppy D cost them the match against KR and being asleep the first half cost them the Salford match.  

They need to win 2 of the next 3 with two games at home.  Need to get it done.  

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Toronto needed to beat either Hull KR or Salford to assure themselves a spot, sloppy D cost them the match against KR and being asleep the first half cost them the Salford match.  

They need to win 2 of the next 3 with two games at home.  Need to get it done.  

Exactly plus if they won all three they just might still be able to avoid the Million Pound Game?  We have no one but ourselves to blame for being in this position but we are still in the thick of it and have a great chance.....we will pull through!

I bet a dollar to a doughnut if one of the other teams was in our exact place they would look for excuses like reffing or something else...we are here because we allowed ourselves to be put in this position.  To be fair, London seems to be a grown up club also.

Looking at the remaining fixtures for the 3 teams above TWP:

Salford: Leeds (A), London (A), Toulouse (H)

Leeds: Salford (H), Halifax(A), TWP(H)

Hull KR:London (H),Toulouse (A), Widnes(H)

I think it unlikely TWP will automatically win promotion unless Salford can get a point off Leeds on Friday, Leeds currently have a 40 point differential better than TWP and a trip to Halifax still to come. TWP certainly need to win their next two games (not easy).

Yeah MPG is looking more and more likely as the last Lamport game of the season. With the suspension at Salford (Burgess only getting 1 game seems ridiculous) i don't see them having enough to win at Leeds. All we can focus on is wining our games and worrying about whet others are doing after the fact.

any idea when the MPG would be? i'm not able to make the last two home games  and my life is a little bit empty because of it, i hope it's snot on a kids birthday weekend or a camping weekend...the RFL should really contact me before going ahead with their schedules.

24 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Yeah MPG is looking more and more likely as the last Lamport game of the season. With the suspension at Salford (Burgess only getting 1 game seems ridiculous) i don't see them having enough to win at Leeds. All we can focus on is wining our games and worrying about whet others are doing after the fact.

any idea when the MPG would be? i'm not able to make the last two home games  and my life is a little bit empty because of it, i hope it's snot on a kids birthday weekend or a camping weekend...the RFL should really contact me before going ahead with their schedules.

From rugby-league.com

"The 12th place in Betfred Super League for the following season will be determined by the Million Pound Game, a play-off between the 4th and 5th placed clubs played at the home of the 4th placed club on Saturday October 6. "

If it's in Toronto, it will most likely be on October 6 at 12:30 to accomodate Sky.

Leeds and Toronto play on Friday 28, all other teams on Sunday 30. So they will confirm the time on Monday morning I guess.

That means I'll have to book a train ticket less than one week before the game and on top of that it's another long weekend, so it's going to cost me a lot...

12 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Why do you have Thanksgiving, a Yank holiday if ever there was one?

Ours is in October and doesn't celebrate genocide.  It's a little different ;)

I also think it was our holiday first and they stole it (but don't care enough to fact check that, so by all means go ahead of anyones interested!)

Side note.  I think I'm the only Toronto fan who would prefer a 5th place finish over 4th (though 3rd is still my preference). If the mpg is in London it's 2 hours on the train, and in Toulouse, well who wouldn't want an October mini break to the south of France?   The curse of living in the UK! 

28 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Ours is in October and doesn't celebrate genocide.  It's a little different ;)

I also think it was our holiday first and they stole it (but don't care enough to fact check that, so by all means go ahead of anyones interested!)

Side note.  I think I'm the only Toronto fan who would prefer a 5th place finish over 4th (though 3rd is still my preference). If the mpg is in London it's 2 hours on the train, and in Toulouse, well who wouldn't want an October mini break to the south of France?   The curse of living in the UK! 

the English??? :O

Look, you're not going up this season but next season it's a given. Your main opponents will be Bradford, York and possibly Widnes. Calm down and enjoy the eights because they won't be there next year. Time to build.

Archived