Batley Bulldogs

RogerT

Players who have signed on for 2019, I will only add names as and when the club or BISSA announce them. Please don't add names PM the names and I'll do the rest. Thank you.

Dave Scott

Wayne Reittie

Dominic Brambani

Adam Gledhill

Alister Leak

Tom Lillycrop

Dane Manning

Lewis Galbraith

Johnny Campbell

James Brown

Sam Smeaton

Michael Ward

Keenen Tomlinson

Louis Jouffret

Tom Hemingway                                                          Retired

Danny Cowling.

Alex Bretherton.

Danny Yates, Half Back

Toby Everett, Prop, Loose forward

James Downs, Second Row

Sam Wood. Season long loan from Giants, centre

Niall Walker, Centre

Joe Taira, Prop Forward.

Tyler Dickinson, Prop Forward.

Paul Brearley, Back Row.

Lewis Bienek, Prop. Loan from Hull.

Oliver Russell, Half Back, DR from the Giants.   Recalled by the Giants

Reiss Butterworth, Loan from Giants.

Jack Broadbent, Loan from Rhino's.

Sam Walters, Loan from Rhino's.

Amateurs X5 training with the squad.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, phildog said:

Think we've got the thick end of good first team there.

You choose your words wisely.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I have to BSJ!! Actually though, I do think that it IS a good start...solid from 1 to 5, organizer at 7, solid front row, 1 2nd row, 1 loose forward and a utility forward. Now comes the hard part, getting the best out of whoever might still re-sign and making sure that new players coming in are the 'class signings' that Mr. Diskin says. I suppose we all have ideas who our clubs can do without, who should move along, who we don't think are right for us amongst the names flying round. I know this though, we need a better 2019 than 2017 and 2018.

13 hours ago, phildog said:

I have to BSJ!! Actually though, I do think that it IS a good start...solid from 1 to 5, organizer at 7, solid front row, 1 2nd row, 1 loose forward and a utility forward. Now comes the hard part, getting the best out of whoever might still re-sign and making sure that new players coming in are the 'class signings' that Mr. Diskin says. I suppose we all have ideas who our clubs can do without, who should move along, who we don't think are right for us amongst the names flying round. I know this though, we need a better 2019 than 2017 and 2018.

Need or want PD?

If it is the former what would be the consequence of failure?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well I guess we'd get a few unless he's retiring? Not heard squat

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The gossip was that he is off to Bradford, but everyone seems to be linked with them at present.

According to list, DB already signed? Wouldn't that mean a transfer fee if he left? The 'doesn't get on with has I believe cost us performance levels over 2 seasons,  nor does ' getting on' guarantee it.

22 minutes ago, phildog said:

According to list, DB already signed? Wouldn't that mean a transfer fee if he left? The 'doesn't get on with has I believe cost us performance levels over 2 seasons,  nor does ' getting on' guarantee it.

Best to wait and see. Two Dewsbury fans and a third time poster don't make it true! And if it is you've got your wish in two new young half backs already signed PD

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

On 9/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, RogerT said:

Players who have signed on for 2019, I will only add names as and when the club or BISSA announce them. Please don't add names PM the names and I'll do the rest. Thank you.

Dave Scott

Wayne Reittie

Dominic Brambani

Adam Gledhill

Alister Leak

Tom Lillycrop

Dane Manning

Lewis Galbraith

Johnny Campbell

James Brown

Sam Smeaton

Michael Ward

Keenen Tomlinson

Louis Jouffret.

Danny Yates

IMG_0583.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, distantdog said:

So who are the unknowns now this season has finished? 

Chandler? 

Holland? 

Bravo? 

Hemingway? 

Cowling? 

I understand Chandler and Holland are leaving.

I have a suspicion that Hemmingway will be at MP next season.

No idea about the two Dannys (Dannies?).

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Chandler stated on Twitter tonight that he's hanging up his boots. The leavers were on the field at half time. Not sure about the two Danny's though?

Archived