Batley Bulldogs

RogerT

23 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Any news/rumours of the outcome?

It now appears that the RFL are holding back on any such declarations until after the decider this Sunday. No urgency after all; it is only a host of clubs trying to manage their budgets/recruitment for next season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the lack of further info shall we assume then that the players of 2018 not on the list have now officially left..Sowerby, Bravo, Holland, as well as those supposedly destined for Sheffield who still haven't been announced there?

Why? They may still be considering their options! I'm sure if the club has made them an offer the individual can take their time to consider this and also look for "better" offers? Preseason doesn't start for a good whe yet 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good observation PM, my understanding through talking to various sources are, due to holidays and down time players are still considering their options, apart from declared incomers and departees no news is good news, so be patient and as soon as I know officially about any new players it will be on this list.

According to Diskin in LE your backs are now sorted out and he is just looking to strengthen in the forwards. Plenty to go at yet, and lots of players still available. I notice that Sheffield have announced Crookes's signing but nothing about Farrell.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

According to Diskin in LE your backs are now sorted out and he is just looking to strengthen in the forwards. Plenty to go at yet, and lots of players still available. I notice that Sheffield have announced Crookes's signing but nothing about Farrell.

They've not announced Walker yet either,or Brown or Glover from us.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

They've not announced Walker yet either,or Brown or Glover from us.

True.

Is Tubby becoming a tease?

Another interesting theme from LE is the number of SL clubs wanting to make new signings but being too close to their salary caps to do so. They are now looking to "move on" some of their currently contracted players but are frustrated by few clubs coming forward and showing interest.

Am I the only one who thinks that these club representatives have a fundamental difficulty with mathematics?

24 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Another interesting theme from LE is the number of SL clubs wanting to make new signings but being too close to their salary caps to do so. They are now looking to "move on" some of their currently contracted players but are frustrated by few clubs coming forward and showing interest.

Am I the only one who thinks that these club representatives have a fundamental difficulty with mathematics?

There's a simple answer for them. If they change their grasping attitude, and allow a little more money to filter down to we hangers on in the championship, some of us just might show some interest.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I see that Wakey have brought in King and Kopzak, 7 props now on their books, can't keep them all happy, how about approaching them to keep one happy and fit eh Keegan?

I have just put the playing positions of the new players on the list, so I will leave it up to you to sort out the squad now.

I just hope there are a couple or three more to come it doesn't look complete to me.

Yes Roger we're still light on forwards, no 2nd hooker and a couple of lads who can play up front or double in the 2nd row. We need at least 27 players me thinks a) to compete strongly and b) in case of horror injuries again. Like I said elsewhere Giants have a prop, Dickenson, going spare, looks a fair unit from the photo I've seen.

Yates, I hope not!! Out and out scrum half, would be my 1st choice, despite Dom's return to fitness and form. Him and Jouffret together up that middle will be tremendous. Yeah, Tom could do it, but that would mean him earning his place in the side every week, being in the best 17 players we can turn out, and I'm not sure he's up to that, being honest. It would be carrying a player for 20 minutes a match, and I really don't mean to be having a crack at Tom.  Maybe Dom could though.

I haven't seen enough of Yates but he's going to have to be very good to push Dom out!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 9/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, RogerT said:

Players who have signed on for 2019, I will only add names as and when the club or BISSA announce them. Please don't add names PM the names and I'll do the rest. Thank you.

Dave Scott

Wayne Reittie

Dominic Brambani

Adam Gledhill

Alister Leak

Tom Lillycrop

Dane Manning

Lewis Galbraith

Johnny Campbell

James Brown

Sam Smeaton

Michael Ward

Keenen Tomlinson

Louis Jouffret

Tom Hemingway

Danny Cowling.

Danny Yates, Half Back

Iliess Macani, Wing, Centre, Full Back

Toby Everett, Prop, Loose forward

James Downs, Second Row

Sam Wood. Season long loan from Giants, centre

Niall Walker, Centre

Joe Taira, Prop Forward.

Alex Bretherton ?

IMG_0583.JPG

Full Back/wing

Wayne reittie

Dave scott

Johnny Campbell

Niall Walker also centre

Halves / Hookers

Louis Joufret

Danny Yates

Tom Hemingway

Alister Leak

Dominic Bambini

Centre

Sam Smeaton

Lewis Galbraith

Danny Cowling

Second Row

Alex Bretherton

Sam Wood

Dane Manning

James Downs

Keenen Tomlinson

Props/loose forwards

James Brown

Toby Everett

Adam Gledhill

Tom Lillycrop

Michael Ward

Joe Taira

Tyler Dickinson

IMG_0583.JPG

Don't think playing hooker would be one of the selling points to Yates, he's come to relieve an ailing and ageing no.7, with the greatest of respect to Dom. Yes, he was at the top of his game when he came back and playing alongside Louis, but young legs at 7 will give Dom the opportunity to put his all into 15/20 minute barrages. Regarding TomH, yes, he could do the job, but is he good enough now to be amongst the best 17 we can field week on week? Looking at the squad, my answer would have to be no. He'd be 4th at halves at best and IMO 3rd at 9. 

2 minutes ago, phildog said:

Don't think playing hooker would be one of the selling points to Yates, he's come to relieve an ailing and ageing no.7, with the greatest of respect to Dom. Yes, he was at the top of his game when he came back and playing alongside Louis, but young legs at 7 will give Dom the opportunity to put his all into 15/20 minute barrages. Regarding TomH, yes, he could do the job, but is he good enough now to be amongst the best 17 we can field week on week? Looking at the squad, my answer would have to be no. He'd be 4th at halves at best and IMO 3rd at 9. 

Never mind , with dual reg we will get a quality hooker in Reiss butterworth

IMG_0583.JPG

Don't know if it's just me being slow off the mark, but I notice that all new players, and now probably all those who were previously signed on 2 year deals, will all be on 1 year contracts. Couldn't we get anyone to go for 2 years? We'll have the roundabout going again Next October. If I'm wrong on any, please correct me.

Archived