Batley Bulldogs

RogerT

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'll be repeating myself, but we're still short of a proper 2nd hooker: yes, I know Tom Hemm has re-signed, but the difference I feel between him and Jimmy Davey was this; Davey was an out and out hooker and could stake a place as being amongst the best 17 we could turn out, whereas I think Tom, having converted from half-back falls between the above criteria in both cases. Great as a back-up in case of emergency at 6 or 9, but I think there are other players in this squad who are ahead of him in the pickings, and it would mean one of those not playing to fit Tom in the 17. Please, I have no axe to grind with him as a squad member and he has experience to share, so don't shoot me, it's just a talking point.

I asked this very question of MD before TH signed on again and he weren't concerned said one of the trialists looked good. Could be he has a cunning plan up his sleeve but I'm sure MD understands the importance of a hooker!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archie bruce moor hooker may be put in at deep end. Hemmingway is a club hoody/polo thief.

Living off 2007 glory

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Come on Graham we expect more up to date information rather than repeating old news that has previously been covered. ?

Archie Bruce has to prove he can step up to being a semi professional and Tom has to prove he can still do a job after the horrendous hit by a player who in my opinion should never pull a shirt on again.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

2 hours ago, ernieone said:

Come on Graham we expect more up to date information rather than repeating old news that has previously been covered. ?

Archie Bruce has to prove he can step up to being a semi professional and Tom has to prove he can still do a job after the horrendous hit by a player who in my opinion should never pull a shirt on again.

Sorry about that I must have missed it about Tom,it’s a age thing??

On 11/26/2018 at 9:56 PM, Eric Bristow said:

The 6'6 stand-off/loose-forward We have on trial from Rochdale Mayfield, Paul Brearley, looks like a super talent. 

Good player Brearley. Was in Warrington academy as a junior, real handful of a player be interesting to see how he goes at this level should he get a contract. Played with Joe Taira before too although he wasn't called Joe Taira then haha

So....no shirt yet for Cropper, is he expected to be fit seeing as he's re-signed? If not is it left open for a hoped signing? Young Sowerby not getting a shirt, hear he was still training as mentioned on another thread....

Didn't you go let night PD? Sowerby looked happy and had injured Galbraith in recent training. Bravo, Dowling and I understand Lillycrop are all injured but again the door is open to them once they recover.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Anything else declared last night, like squad numbers, season ticket prices.

Yes, both those. Squad numbers l didnt make notes. 

Season ticket is £185, £135 for concessions and U16's free. 

Here is the shock. 

£20 for pay at gate. However, you will be able to buy online and the cost will be 18.20 (13.20cons). There is another however, if you go to the Breakfast club you can pick up match day tickets for £18 (£13 cons) 

We are going automated, and the season tickets are being sponsored by a fine local eatery, and will be in the form of credit cards and will scan at the turnstile. 

I think all good moves personally, and l might be forced to buy a season ticket. 

Edit: Frankie's is the eatery. They look like being good partners for the club, and l hope the relationship works both ways. I will personally testify to the quality of their food. 

So it came to pass then DD it's in the open now.

I noticed on the new shirts a new main sponsor, I know who it is(Stan Whittaker in another form).

Sorry I missed last night, my diabetes as been playing me up for a couple of days now, today it appears to have stabilised. 

30 minutes ago, RogerT said:

So it came to pass then DD it's in the open now.

I noticed on the new shirts a new main sponsor, I know who it is(Stan Whittaker in another form).

Sorry I missed last night, my diabetes as been playing me up for a couple of days now, today it appears to have stabilised. 

Good news Roger. Hope you are ok. I think the ticket stuff is fair enough, great to see we have arrived in the computer age. 

No Piggy's Mate, was working but daughter, son in law and grandson went and kept me informed with squad numbers etc. They got to know DannyY who we're sponsoring. Glad Sowerby getting a crack, hope the other new trainees come on as well. Shirts are a bit revolutionary, like both.

Roger,

1 Scott

2 Rettie

3 Smeaton

4 Galbraith

5 Campbell

6 Joufret

7 Brambani captain

8 Gledhill

9 Leak

10 Open

11 Manning

12 Downs

13 Brown vice captain 

14 Yates

15 Everett

16 Ward

17 Dickinson

18 Hemingway 

19 Bretherton 

20 Walker

21 Taira

22 Wood

23 Tomlinson

24 upwards open. 

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Didn't you go let night PD? Sowerby looked happy and had injured Galbraith in recent training. Bravo, Dowling and I understand Lillycrop are all injured but again the door is open to them once they recover.

How is Tom L? I have been hearing that his injury might not properly clear up, which I hope is untrue. A really good lad as well as a good team player.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:59 AM, distantdog said:

Yes, both those. Squad numbers l didnt make notes. 

Season ticket is £185, £135 for concessions and U16's free. 

Here is the shock. 

£20 for pay at gate. However, you will be able to buy online and the cost will be 18.20 (13.20cons). There is another however, if you go to the Breakfast club you can pick up match day tickets for £18 (£13 cons) 

We are going automated, and the season tickets are being sponsored by a fine local eatery, and will be in the form of credit cards and will scan at the turnstile. 

I think all good moves personally, and l might be forced to buy a season ticket. 

Edit: Frankie's is the eatery. They look like being good partners for the club, and l hope the relationship works both ways. I will personally testify to the quality of their food. 

Does this mean that the Boxing Day match will be £20 on the gate?

What are the concession prices?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived