RECRUITMENT: Boas brothers confirmed for next season

hrtbps

On 9/3/2018 at 12:38 PM, Robin Evans said:

I remember seeing youtube action of Ryan Verlinden.

I will reserve judgement until I've seen them in action.

Broncos had similar a couple of years ago. Signed Hunters captain, PNG rep player Israel Eliab. Looked amazing on YouTube in Q Cup. Ended up being delayed coming over for visa reasons, judging by his girth had eaten too many pies, ended up playing for Skolars all year. Hope the Boas boys proved better.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punchard is the best passer of a ball I have seen at Fax in many a year. As I have just posted on the Fax forum maybe he is one of the first signings for a 2nd team if you can get it off the ground as I don't see him anywhere near good enough to be a regular starter at a top half championship team.

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Punchard is the best passer of a ball I have seen at Fax in many a year. As I have just posted on the Fax forum maybe he is one of the first signings for a 2nd team if you can get it off the ground as I don't see him anywhere near good enough to be a regular starter at a top half championship team.

Given we’ve already got Ridyard and the Boas brothers, it’s hard to see Punchard breaking into the first team. 

18 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Took longer than I expected for oxy to tell us how poor Punchard was.....

Say it as I see it. He has his qualities hence me saying how good his passing is, its on the money, he has also only really played a couple of friendlies for us in about 3 years despite us having problems at half back and also failed to stand out at reserve team level. What do you want me to say? You have signed a player who will rip the championship to shreds?

47 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Say it as I see it. He has his qualities hence me saying how good his passing is, its on the money, he has also only really played a couple of friendlies for us in about 3 years despite us having problems at half back and also failed to stand out at reserve team level. What do you want me to say? You have signed a player who will rip the championship to shreds?

yes please

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

12 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Which probably means he'll rip it up in the championship next year.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

You've said he's an excellent passer, which probably puts him in the playmaker/game manager category. In my experience these type of players develop later than the quicker half-backs, and that's why Leeds haven't cast Jordan Lilley aside just yet and sent him out on loan instead. He's only 19 and Duffy's comments don't suggest he intends to build the team around him. He's giving the lad a chance to develop and I can't imagine it will cost the club much. He might even be out on loan for much of the season, but I can't imagine that Fev would have won against Leigh without Danny Maskill?

He played against us for Fax in the pre-season game at The Shay prior to the 2017 season and shaped very well but also looked very raw. The grade he has been playing at in Australia isn't very high and you'd think he'll be some way off being a 1st team player at this stage, but his style (nippy and can pass well) fits in with the style Duffy would want in a half back and it's encouraging that we're signing a young player who might need plenty of time...my 1st thought like Blues Ox was that this might be a confirmation that we are seriously planning to run a reserve team.

33 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He played against us for Fax in the pre-season game at The Shay prior to the 2017 season and shaped very well but also looked very raw. The grade he has been playing at in Australia isn't very high and you'd think he'll be some way off being a 1st team player at this stage, but his style (nippy and can pass well) fits in with the style Duffy would want in a half back and it's encouraging that we're signing a young player who might need plenty of time...my 1st thought like Blues Ox was that this might be a confirmation that we are seriously planning to run a reserve team.

Oooo I so hope this is the case...

1 hour ago, Morganfax said:

Top lad and one for future-but now we've signed Sammut i'm not too displeased...?

The Fax-supporting editor of RL World seems to be disputing your claim...

Matthew Shaw‏ @M_Shaw1 2m2 minutes ago

The rumour linking Jarrod Sammut with Halifax is wide of the mark. There is no substance to it at all, I'm reliably informed.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The rumour linking Jarrod Sammut with Halifax is wide of the mark. There is no substance to it at all, I'm reliably informed.

There is a rumour he is going to Workington as Player /Coach.

Fev prob thought they were signing an Aussie to add to their international ranks until his ferret tried to bite Duffy!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Strange one as he defo met with one of our directors......Im not sure he will get any team paying what he were asking for though.

Archived