Why hasnt Brad Knowles been given a contract

BOBBY BORIS

He was on my LEAVE list at the end of last season.For the simple reason he had not shown enough and i thought dropping down to Championship 1 and playing every week would be better for him.He has played more often this season and performed ok maybe good enough for the squad but not to start every week.Others on my list were Hardman(age}who has played very well this season.Griffin,Moore,Carlisle,and Wildie who has proved me wrong and had a very good season out of position as i do not see him as a half back,i would keep him.

42 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He was on my LEAVE list at the end of last season.For the simple reason he had not shown enough and i thought dropping down to Championship 1 and playing every week would be better for him.He has played more often this season and performed ok maybe good enough for the squad but not to start every week.Others on my list were Hardman(age}who has played very well this season.Griffin,Moore,Carlisle,and Wildie who has proved me wrong and had a very good season out of position as i do not see him as a half back,i would keep him.

Agree with all of this .Not going to change my opinion after recent good showings.

All I can think of is that it might be how do you balance your squad on a reduced budget? Brad is still a developing player for me and it could have been a choice between him and Cooper? Coaches have to make that decision and its extremely hard and not always popular. The Fev are the club and the fans, forever, and the coach is just the coach, for a limited time. Don't get the two mixed up, and don't look back in anger. 

25 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

All I can think of is that it might be how do you balance your squad on a reduced budget? Brad is still a developing player for me and it could have been a choice between him and Cooper? Coaches have to make that decision and its extremely hard and not always popular. The Fev are the club and the fans, forever, and the coach is just the coach, for a limited time. Don't get the two mixed up, and don't look back in anger. 

Cooper and knowles would have been 1st on list to resign for me, 2 of our most consistent performers. Both on low wages, which they would get at the likes of Dewsbury and Batley, so were not going to get anybody better, for the same money or cheaper. Plus you know what your getting with these 2, thats 100% everytime they pull on that fev shirt. Knowles has really come on last 12 month for me, put some size on and has a real physical presence now, in the middle of the park. Sheffield got a good lad.

11 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Is this Sheffield rumour confirmed?

Yes, it's definitely a rumour. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Think Mark Aston's business plan should be the blue print for every rugby league club

No ground

Not many fans

But yet can pay more to players than other teams in the championship 

Farrell, crookes, Knowles 

And not only sell his son, passes around a few clubs.. And they get him back for free.. 

They would be 50 grand up now

If Cory didn't need his mortgage paying

Totally baffling the Sheffield situation. 

Missing out on 250k is massive. This is what happens when we lose games we should have won through indiscipline.

Injuries cost us without doubt, but for the life of me I can't excuse some of the behaviour that resulted in players unavailability.....

So a squad has to be assembled with a smaller budget. Duffy loses assistants. Players offered smaller deals to keep the club on track. 

There will be obvious casualties. Who would you let go/not recruit to keep Brad given missing the 4?

9 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

No doubt he’s an improving young player who always give his best, but money is tight and for me, we need to use what we have to retain the better players such as Ridyard and Davies. I wish the lad good luck at the Eagles.

He still needs replacing though, we wont get anybody for less than hes on, of any great quality. He hasnt been offered a great deal off sheffield, sure he would have stayed at fev for the same, had we offered it. Seen as he only lives down road.

9 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

So BK has been offered a contract.

Just not as good as the one Sheffield offered.

C'est la vie as they say in Rawmarsh.

End of the day, there part time players, familys to support and morgages to pay. Version of events ive been told is, he wasnt on a lot and asked to take even less to stay. They train 3 times a week aswell as holding down a full time job, risking injury and not been able to do there full time job, if a club like sheffield can offer you 30 odd% more, youve got to think am i getting p£@% took out of me here. If were looking at replacements from Dewsbury or Batley we will have to offer them quite a bit more than we did knowles, for it to be worth there while coming to fev, just hope they show his commitment on the field.

17 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Not trying to have ago at the kid, but if he’s that good, how come it’s Sheffield he’s signed for, rather than one of the bigger clubs in the division?.

He wont be replaced by anyone from the bigger clubs either. Your missing the point, we were offering him a lot less than lower clubs are paying players, not saying hes a superstar, but a young lad who come through our reserves, whos improving all the time and we will have to pay someone from a lower club more, to do the same job.

2 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

He wont be replaced by anyone from the bigger clubs either. Your missing the point, we were offering him a lot less than lower clubs are paying players, not saying hes a superstar, but a young lad who come through our reserves, whos improving all the time and we will have to pay someone from a lower club more, to do the same job.

If we're struggling to compete financially with Sheffield, that's a worry in itself. 

I'm sorry Brad's leaving, he has never let us down, but we never know the full ins and outs of recruitment, salaries, reasons for letting people go etc.

On a more general note, though, he's very much a "middle" rather than playing a wider role, and at this very early stage we seem a bit uneven in terms of edge forwards and middles - in the former category we have Davies, Farrell (if he stays), and both Walton and Hardcastle are versatile in terms of playing centre/edge 2nd row, whilst I think both the Batley lads we are rumoured to have signed tend to play the wider role.

But in terms of middles, we have lost Hock, Moore and Knowles, and who knows if Wheeldon will be ready early next season, whilst I can't remember Brooks' status but think he might be another set to leave, which leaves us with Cooper, Lockwood, and...well, lots of recruitment to do. It's still only September though so presumably lots more news to come.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

On a more general note, though, he's very much a "middle" rather than playing a wider role, and at this very early stage we seem a bit uneven in terms of edge forwards and middles - in the former category we have Davies, Farrell (if he stays), and both Walton and Hardcastle are versatile in terms of playing centre/edge 2nd row, whilst I think both the Batley lads we are rumoured to have signed tend to play the wider role.

Harrison definitely a wide runner but Day will do the job for you anywhere on the park. 

Archived