Supporters' Player of the Year

hrtbps

I think the recency bias will strike here.

Briscoe was absolutely brilliant in the first half of the season, but his performance dipped a bit in the second half, partly because Holmes (especially) and Ridyard got injured and he didn't get the same opportunities, and partly I'd say because of the comings and goings to Leeds.

Hardman and Cooper have been their reliable, solid, consistent selves all year, never dominant or game-changing but never letting anyone down.

Davies was nowhehere near his best for much of the season in my opinion, probably because of his hand injury. He has been absolutely superb in the last few weeks, though, back to his very best.

In my view Briscoe still deserves it, but his tremendous spell came earlier in the year, whereas Davies has finished strongly, and I think that's what people will remember when they vote.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think the recency bias will strike here.

Briscoe was absolutely brilliant in the first half of the season, but his performance dipped a bit in the second half, partly because Holmes (especially) and Ridyard got injured and he didn't get the same opportunities, and partly I'd say because of the comings and goings to Leeds.

Hardman and Cooper have been their reliable, solid, consistent selves all year, never dominant or game-changing but never letting anyone down.

Davies was nowhehere near his best for much of the season in my opinion, probably because of his hand injury. He has been absolutely superb in the last few weeks, though, back to his very best.

In my view Briscoe still deserves it, but his tremendous spell came earlier in the year, whereas Davies has finished strongly, and I think that's what people will remember when they vote.

Spot on analysis

I'm torn on who to vote for- Briscoe is already the runaway winner of the trophy taken from M.O.M. voting on this forum, and he deserves it for his early season performances, but this is entirely different, it's like choosing in a single game between a hat-trick hero and someone who's given their heart and soul for the full 80 minutes. Davies is outstanding at the moment but has been playing with an injury most of the early and middle parts and didn't stand out. It's between Hardman and Cooper for me.

12 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

How can Briscoe win it? He's not our player.

Not suggesting he hasn't been excellent, but he's gone on to bigger things.

In any case, I've voted for Davies. Whose overall contribution blows Briscoe's away.

he may not be our player now but has played 24 games for us this season making line breaks, try saving chase backs, ball steals, as well as tries. The most games any fev player has played this year is 25 games 

I dont normally comment just like to read peoples opinions but to disregard him as 'not our player' seems abit fickle 

I went with Davies, but I wouldn't begrudge any of them winning it.

Briscoe will go down in Fev history for his run of tries, and a couple of try-saving tackles stick long in the mind too. He deserves his Super League shot so no hard feelings there.

Cooper gets better with each game, over the moon that he broke his try-scoring duck. Probably my favourite player.

Hardman solid and assured, as ever.

But Davies stands out as the man who gives 110% in every tackle. Having Davies on the pitch is like having an extra man. A workhorse. 

1 hour ago, HAVERCROFT10 said:

Don't do twitter,facebook or Instagram, so how would I be able to vote.Only do fans forum.

Also what criteria have just these four been chosen

Thanks. 

To answer your second question, the club asked for nominations on Twitter and Facebook.

As to the first question , I'd suppose those are the only ways anyone is able to vote in this poll. The club would probably say it's the best way to reach as many people as possible, with the % of supporters who don't have access to any form of social media probably much smaller than, say, the % of supporters who aren't able to make a fans' forum; they'd probably also say it's the most efficient and cost-effective way from the club's point of view.

If season 'flipped' Briscoe wins hands down. If seaon judges over last quarter season Davies wins. Hardman and Cooper consistently good all seaon. (Think Scott Wheeldon has gone well this year personally but not in vote!)

Think Hardo should get the nod. Contributes every game, all year. We may realise how good he is next year!

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Cheers TPH, guess i'll  not be voting. Regards Briscoes achievements this season, if he were playing for the likes of Wigan ,Leeds say. He'd have been nominated for S.P.O.T.Y. Also think Hardcastle and Wheeldon have been more valuable and consistant than the latter two choices.

My personal observations of course.

18 minutes ago, HAVERCROFT10 said:

Also think Hardcastle and Wheeldon have been more valuable and consistant than the latter two choices.

I couldn't have argued with either of those being nominated and I'd say the same about Wildie who I think has been a very valuable player for us this year.

44 minutes ago, HAVERCROFT10 said:

Cheers TPH, guess i'll  not be voting. Regards Briscoes achievements this season, if he were playing for the likes of Wigan ,Leeds say. He'd have been nominated for S.P.O.T.Y. Also think Hardcastle and Wheeldon have been more valuable and consistant than the latter two choices.

Latter two choices meaning Hardman and Coops

Archived