Louis Anderson retires.

Louis Anderson retiring.  Been a very good player in spells for Catalans.  Thoroughly nice bloke too.  Best wishes to him and his very big family!

His retirement aside, could this be also the start of them recruiting big style?  Simon, Moa, Casty, Bird all in the twilight of their careers and Cats are noted for a powerful forward game.  I can see a few decent signings in the wind for next year there.  They cannot, must not, fall into the trap that success this year, means they will get success next year.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/45400307

2 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I bet he's playing in elite 1 this season or with his brother in elite 2. 

Same thoughts were occurring to me, barnyia.  By all accounts, the Andersons have taken particularly well to the local lifestyle.  I think I am right in saying that they have done a good job of learning French; not sure about their prowess in Catalans!

44 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Same thoughts were occurring to me, barnyia.  By all accounts, the Andersons have taken particularly well to the local lifestyle.  I think I am right in saying that they have done a good job of learning French; not sure about their prowess in Catalans!

Been a decent player.  3 or 4 years ago, had some pace and always looked for an opportunity to have a go at the line.  The year before the Frayssinous/SMc changeover he was used for a few minutes per game.  This year he’s had a dig.

He has given many hard-working years to the game, and always tried hard, even when his team was floundering. Best of luck to him in the future!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great player. At.  His best and at his worst still very useful.  - always gave it some, great player to watch still a great impact player off the bench.

Hope he ‘retires’ and carries on in the Elite - passes on some skills and advice to young french players

16 hours ago, Kris said:

Great player. At.  His best and at his worst still very useful.  - always gave it some, great player to watch still a great impact player off the bench.

Hope he ‘retires’ and carries on in the Elite - passes on some skills and advice to young french players

Abosolutely. Injuries took their toll though. Louis played more seasons than any other overseas player (7yrs) and presently has 143 appearances to his name. Another three games he would equal Clint Greenshields all time record of 146 (2007-12)

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Yesterday quoted in the local paper wanting to stay in France. Not ruling out playing in the Elite come November. Older brother Vinnie still going round at Elite 2 Villegailhenc. Louis hoping to get involved with the Dragons in some capacity while he hopes also to have his own bar/restaurant. The Andersons doing their bit to enhance the code here.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

35 minutes ago, audois said:

Yesterday quoted in the local paper wanting to stay in France. Not ruling out playing in the Elite come November. Older brother Vinnie still going round at Elite 2 Villegailhenc. Louis hoping to get involved with the Dragons in some capacity while he hopes also to have his own bar/restaurant. The Andersons doing their bit to enhance the code here.

Players like him can pass on a lot of professionalism to the local clubs.  Barnyia might have hit it on the head also.

Archived