Bradford

jroyales

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a non season ticket holder who has been to 90% home games and lives in walking distance, I just can't be arsed turning up 2 hours before kick off to get in. What do you do for 2 hours for a non drinker. 

Hmmmm not a lot. 

I can sum up our club and rugby league In a few short words

Bad planning and too many flaws

Correct lazy planning why a pro club cannot plan a fixture with 2 weeks notice and inform loyal season ticket holders and fans what to do

I hope the full time professional run club have plans in place for the planned crowd apart from make the game non ticket and take as much money as possible 

This club is run by a CEO who is paid a lot of money to run the club if it’s a disaster at the gates at 2:30pm the issue can only sit at his watch 

Wouldn't have been any issues had the club made it all ticket in the first place and set a sensible capacity of say 1100, give Bradford 700,Oldham 400 and the job is sorted.

As it is I suspect quite a few of our walk ups may swerve this fixture due to possibly not even getting in if capacity is reached early and having to get in 2 hrs before kick off to guarantee a spot at OUR bloody home game!!

Well done Oldham, looked after our own fans royally for probably one of the biggest games of the season and one possibly that that could have gained a bigger crowd (at a different venue) with marketing etc and being such a big game attracted a few floating fans.

The club cry on for fans to attend and put out calls for fans to rally round, then kick our supporters in the nuts. I'm still fuming tbh about how this farce has panned out at the expense of our own support.

Some fans may not have been able to pick a ticket up in the week and now may be shut out,imagine turning up as a supporter who has been to every game pay on the gate and be turned away because the ground is full! If we wanted to lose fans then we sure go about it the right way.

On the other hand we don't know what tomorrow's capacity is, how many tickets both us and the Bulls have sold,how many pay on the gates will turn up, it's all on the back of a fag packet stuff at the moment. Tomorrow will either be a success for the club/ground or a monumental john halls up.

With a big crowd in, viewing will be decidedly dodgy and also I'm a bit worried about crowd safety in a ground quite frankly unsuitable for large numbers. Don't take that as a slight against AVRO or the ground overall, it's improved a lot and I have enjoyed the games there,it's been perfectly adequate for all the previous games.

Just this one with Bradfords huge support is a bit on a wing and a prayer if you ask me due to the layout of the spectator areas,lack of turnstiles/exits etc.

I feel the stewards will have a massive job on tomorrow and wish them well, the GSO and his team have been excellent this season, and I take this opportunity to thank them for everything at home games. It's been a pleasure talking to each and everyone of them.

Hopefully those who do attend will get in and enjoy the product on the pitch. The lads deserve the support,the club does not.

Sold our own fans out, that's my feeling and it won't change.

Still after all that like a muppet I will be there of course, with a bit of luck we will pull off a win and silence the Bradford hordes.

We live in hope for a win and a change of attitude from the club next season in every way possible, the first bit is doable ,the second is very debatable.

Those of you that make it to the game,see you there.

Up the Yeds!

12 minutes ago, Haxbytyke said:

Obviously a lot of issues for the fans, but as a Knights fan, can I just say to all of you, get there tomorrow and support your team. For what  it's worth, you are OUR team as well tomorrow. As Captain Mainwaring used to say, 'they don't like it up 'em'. Good luck, you can do it!!

Cheers mate, we'll do our best.

Archived