8 Sept: Super 8s: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 5.30pm (UK time) (TV)

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 16:15

Saints knock on and get head and feed.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny getting treatment for cramp. Now I can set my watch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And the ref ignores a blatant forward pass from Fages to Knowles for the winning try.

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

That’s actually a brilliant try. The run from Smith the tackle before is absolutely top draw under pressure. Excellent from Knowles too. Great stuff.

Had the pass not been forward you might be right.

To be fair, Saints shouldn't have even been in possession.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Had the pass not been forward you might be right.

To be fair, Saints shouldn't have even been in possession.

I’ll hold my hand up, we got lucky on more than one occasion this evening. A few dodgy calls went our way from the referee. 

Good win for a very young Saints side. 

I think the ref got the last couple calls right... it was a definite knock on by Catalan, clearly see it came off Catalan player hand. Sky stopped showing replay when it was clear Catalan knock on as commentators made a wrong call  - the ref ref being right.

Unless lined up with linesmen how the hell anybody on here say it was forward, the camera angle wasn't good and it came out his hands backwards....

in my opinion of course 

Just now, my missus said:

this "we can't lok at forward passes" rule has got to be sorted out.

It is ridiculous, especially when they go to the video ref and it is so obvious. It is like admitting that they can see a rule has been broken and that they missed it but they don't care to correct their mistake. Surely it is better to get the decisions right than stick to some strange rule about not looking at a forward pass. Why do we not look at that but we look at obstructions or being in touch or whatever, all those things will chalk off a try so why that particular one? There is absolutely no reason not to look at it!! Take a breath... 

Archived